Is it just me........

D

dakotakid

Is it just me or was anybody else offended by the shenanigans of the half time show? It is my belief that this kind of "entertainment" is misplaced when scheduled to be a part of one of the, if not THE biggest, sporting event of the year that will be televised not only nationally but worldwide. Is it necessary for us to see P.Diddy and Nelly running around the stage half nude and grabbing their crotch like "it" might fall off, then Janet Jackson comes out and uses the stage to convey her political thoughts in song only to be followed by Justin Timberlake seducing her and undressing her. What a joke! I know there will be plenty of you who reply back with the old "if you dont like it then turn it off" saying. But it goes deeper than that, I had three pre-teen kids sitting there in front of the TV while this crap is being broadcast PRIMETIME and at a sporting event. I'm not a prude or a bible thumper, but this crap does not belong on TV. If you want to do pay per view and see it, I say fine because then you made a choice to have it broadcast into your home. Many jeers to CBS and MTV for their part in the half time show. I dont think it was an accident nor are the appologies of the offending parties sincere.

Mike
at235.gif

What about Kid rock and using the american flag in his act, makes me wonder what our servicemen thought of that. I thought the whole half time show was very bad, and if they do not make changes for next year I will not watch it.

CBS made the statement this AM that they were sorry and it was not a scheduled event and MTV will not be back ever again.

The whole "half-time" show was a waste of time and money.

Brian

It doesn't offend me IT PISSES ME OFF!!!. I am sick and tired of these "so called" singers shocking everybody because they don't have enough talent to entertain!!!. Bring back Whitney Houston or Tobey Keith or Garth Brooks....Somebody that can sing!!. Rap is CRAP without the "C"...There were allot more boobs exposed out there lastnight then just Janets.....

I am coming from this generation that thinks this stuff is cool. at least you guys have all your tapes full of good music. I thought the only highlight was her boob falling out. :) I do have to agree that, that was a horrible show. We were all sitting there wondering if the real one was going to start. normally kid rock is good. but i just dont know what happened. I agree with Kingfish, get toby keith out there and garth brook. I thought the pre game show was good will Toby keith and Willie. The ultimate show would be Lynard Skynard!!!!!

Garrett

I would just as soon see no half time show, its a game, not a concert. I get so sick of the hype of the pre-game and half time entertainment. IMHO it just detracts from the main event, its actually beginning to be alot like the WWF.

Mike
at235.gif

It's WW"E" Now...LOL. Atleast with WWE you know what your getting when you turn it on....That's what happens when you let MTV run your halftime entertainment....I'm with you Mike...I would rather see a good marching band (yuk) then no talent crap artists.....

The half time shows anymore are just a waste of time. P-daddy, Nelly, Janet and a host of other untalented, overpaid do-nothings haven't really contributed to anything except their own egos. Thank God Michael Jackson, Chubby Checker and Britney weren't on either. The entertainment value of these half time shows blow. What was CBS thinking with MTV hosting the show? The guys from Jacka$$ would have provided more entertainment than the musical fiasco of Janet and her boy toy, Justin Timberlake.

I MISSED IT

BUT ALL THREE OF MY KIDS DIDN'T!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TO???

NOTHING BUT SMUT AND TRASH AT HALFTIME!!!

THEY SHOULD OF CALLED THE 'CHICKS',I'M SURPRISED AS TRASHY AS IT WAS THEY DIDN'T SHOW!!!

THIS COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST!!!

WAKE THE HELL UP AMERICA,MAYBE NEXT YEAR TOBY,HANK JR. AND GARTH COULD PUT ON A SHOW AND THE TRASH THEY HAD THIS YEAR CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!

THIS IS FOR THE PERSON THAT TURNED ME INTO THE SITE OWNER:YOU WERE PROBABLY WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL,NOW YOU HAVE SOMETHING BESIDES WHAT I'VE POSTED TO WORRY ABOUT,IF I'VE OFFENDED YOU I'M SURE THE SUPERBOWL DID TOO,NOW GO DO YOUR THING,MAYBE YOU CAN GET SOME SATISFACTION ELSEWHERE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT MISSED JANET JACKSON BUT I DIDN'T MISS MUCH!!!

Is it any wonder that Bin Laden and the fundamental religous folks hate us after a display like that!!!!
What a disgrace to this country, When the world is watching!
Truly an embarrassment!

Couldnt agree more dakota. I was busy cutting firewwood when all that was going on. I would rather sit in a cold rain and watch high school kids play football with all their heart and soul. Had enough of those overpriced ego-maniac babies in pro sports and that greedy bunch that tries to pump money out of the fans every way they can.

We'd all do well to put less value on money and more on character.

Man, I'm glad I wasn't the only who felt that way. We (society) are out of control with these types of shows and "entertainers" during halftime.

I may be dating myself here, but remember when the halftime show was young men/women competing in the "kick, throw, and punt" competition? The winner would win a trophy and compete the following week. Now that was fun to watch. I sure miss those days. Sounds like I'm not alone, thank goodness for the Campfire section to keep us all sane. :)

BOHNTR )))------------->

Entire halftime show was terrible. Seems pretty obvious that the LaLa Land has a completely different idea of what good entertainment is.

Cowboy, Your exactly right!!!. I went to all the high school football games last fall and go to just about every high school basketball game now...It's the essence of sports....High school and Collage sports are all about competing and playing for the love of playing...I hate pro sports....

Let CBS know what you think, here is a link to a feedback form on CBS sports website. The FCC is now investigating the decency of the half-time show as well, and not just the ending, it seems as though they are looking into everything that went on from the crotch grabbing to the flag wearing to the breast exposal.

http://www.sportsline.com/help/contactus/usersspeak

Give'em hell, I did!!

Mike
at235.gif

Personally, I can't stand the sight of Justin Timberlake. I met this idiot a few years ago, and I will tell you, he is the biggest a$$ I have ever met.

BOHNTR, you brought back some memories with the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition. Back in 1978, if I could have gotten through one more competition. I would have been your Super Bowl half time entertainment.

Don't like it and refuse to watch it. Glad I didn't waste my time! Y'all hit the nail right on the head. What an emBAREASSment (yes I spelled that wrong on purpose).

maybe it'll turn out the same way for Janet Jackson as it did for the Dixie Chicks......?......

My wife's boss said it best with a little tongue in cheek. He stated that Janet exposed her breast in order to boost her SAGGING career.
I hope that Predator does not call me a Male Chauvinist Pig for that remark.
RELH

hi mike just passin through your web site to learn more about it and saw your comment---i had a hormonal son (age 12) and two girls 10 and 12 from another family...what a shock to see that all the hard earned tax dollars we support this fine country with are used to not only defame the american flag but also corrupt the young minds we so desperately try to protect. i couldnt agree with you more.

paul

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom