is it legal to hunt deer in Utah with

Lol. No.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The most relevant thing that I found about this in the handbook is this:

199spear.jpg

Depending on how they interpret that, will determine if it is legal. My guess is that it is NOT legal. In the slim chance that it is, it would only be for the Any Legal Weapon hunt, in which case you would be at an extreme disadvantage competing with rifle hunters.

Call DWR about it and report back with what you find out, I'm interested in knowing.

Nocked N Loaded

Whenever I hear this "spear" topic it reminds me of when Rambo jumped out of the tree and speared the wild hog in the back.

Steve

>a spear?
any weapon its considerd a weapon in my book, you just plan on injuring some deer use a spear, you want to be successfull with little effort use a rifle, you want to be successfull with skill
and a challenge go archery, or if ya want to be a clown dress like an indian and use your spear post some pics

ya i dont think that it counts as a legal weapon... though i woldnt tell ony aif i saw ya up in the mountains going at it.. there are some states that let ya hunt with knifes... or so i heard/saw pics.... if i i saw ya i'd just figure you were hunting with extremely large hand propelled arrows... happy hunting

How about a blow dart gun?

blow%20dart.JPG

I was recently in Peru touring the Amazon River basin and found these guys to be very effective on wild birds and small game. I actually shot their "blow gun" and hit the post at about 50 feet.

May be tough with a deer or elk however.....

>The spear is fine, we just
>don't have deer in utah,
>try another state

wow no kidding? those must be big jackalope that walk through my buddies yard then. jackalope seasons open yr round isn't it?

>>The spear is fine, we just
>>don't have deer in utah,
>>try another state
>
>wow no kidding? those must be
>big jackalope that walk through
>my buddies yard then. jackalope
>seasons open yr round isn't
>it?

no, you have to put in a $10 application. Then 4 months later, after your application is sent to another state, you get a letter in the mail. Usually the letter says unsucessful. You then have the option(In Utah) of going to a banquet and buying your jackalope tag which sets you back about $25,000, or you can buy the governors tag which go for $100k or more. Then, Mossfront will guide you on your buddies yard and THEN you are the ALPHA MALE, your pics of your jackalope will be the envy of the hunting world. Thats how we roll in Utah!!!

it is pretty sad that I can pull out some crap story like that at after reading it guys can see that happening in reality. Amaing how far and fast hunting has become golf.

That is exactly what it has become lets market the hunting industry and make bank i miss being twelve or thirteen hiking with my dad teaching me what his dad taught him just to enjoy
it and actually seeing more wild life then humans

You mean you didn't have a food plot with special food producing monster horns? No Trail cam? YOur dad, you must mean a guide. I mean really, if you don't have a team, with a cool team name can you really hunt? I bet your dad had his boone and crocket score book in his back pocket, cuz we all know if it ain't trophy it ain't shizz!!!

LOL! its not hunting unless u got a sponser and team of camara men behind ya staging for that kill shot bragging about some
new weapon technology made it all possible!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom