"Is Photography Dead?"

Judging from this post I would say not.

This is one of the first places I go when I
get on MM.

Some GOOD folk on here.

Thanks Folks, for your Photo's.

I, for one, appreciate them.

Larry

It's a great subject, but photography is far from dead. It's just that more and more people are turning photography into image creation than ever before.

Agree...more people are able to participate and get some pretty cool results. The advancement of photo rendering software has opened the door to some really wild image creation that we have not seen prior and this is available to most anyone with a camera and computer.

Having said that....I appreciate a good shot straight out of the camera more then ever. I get the most satisfaction with my pics when I don't need to make all sorts of adjustments and sharpening. Getting it right the first time out in the field is what I am striving for at this point.

agreed. However there is one small problem, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the perfect shot, out of the camera if you shoot RAW, just cant happen due to how the sensors capture light and the processors manage the digital data.

Jpg, is a different story. . .

Yup. Maybe a small tweak to the WB, push the contrast/saturation/USM a bit and calling it good is what I am shooting for.

I know I did something right when the develop history column in Lightroom is not a mile long!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom