Is the Grand Slam/Ovis show worth it?

desperatehills

Very Active Member
My wife and I loved coming to Reno for the RMEF elk camp. Since that's been in Vegas for the last couple years we have missed coming to Reno. We decided to come down for the Hunter/Outfitter convention the end of this month. Is it a good show? $50 each for entry is a little pricey, hope its worth it. If you have been to this show how did you like it?

you may want to come for the Wild Sheep Foundation meeting next week instead. The Grand Slam/Ovis takes about 20 minutes to see everything. The WSF has a lot more to see and do and is only $15.

I wish I could make the sheep show, my wife couldn't go this weekend. Looks like I will be spending more time at Cabelas and scheels. Is there a archery shop in town that has Bowtech? I would love to check out the new carbon overdrive.

I think Scheels has bowtech. Also House of Arrows is a dedicated bow shop.
Going to the Grand Slam show you at least have the chance at a cheap auction hunt.

Never - I mean NEVER - get associated with anything Dennis Campbell of Grand Slam Club Ovis is associated with!!! He sued the FNAWS over name patent (Grand Slam) use just to make money for himself his son and a few of his cronies. the guy and his group are another in a long list of the "more money and testosterone than common sense" group who are out for their own self interest and reward than anything else. Stay far away from Dennis Campbell
and his grand Slam club ovis group. He also registered as a trademark patent the term "Super slam" so that he and Tom Miranda could put the financial screws to Chuck Adams!!!!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom