Is this CO buck alive?

780620140827_142920.jpg

Had an opportunity this past August to get close to this buck. Does anyone know anything about this deer and if he is still alive?

I took about 40 pictures all on the same day. Some at 15 yards, most at 50 yards. He is a hog.

Looks like he skips the migration to the high country

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Is that the buck in a different unit than 44 but not to far from Eagle? I heard some guys talk about a buck like that. In fact, it seemed to me they said wolf pass or wolf creek pass or something like that. These guys were from CA and had been elk hunting.

We can pry all we want, but he won't be telling us where that buck was :)

And wolf creek pass is not anywhere close to unit 44

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

It's a buck that is use to seeing people but I won't say much more that that. My good bud has really good pics of him but I know he don't think much of MM so won't share. Vegetation is a good clue as to what part of the state. A botanist would know.

>Is that the buck in a
>different unit than 44 but
>not to far from Eagle?
>I heard some guys
>talk about a buck like
>that. In fact, it seemed
>to me they said wolf
>pass or wolf creek pass
>or something like that. These
>guys were from CA and
>had been elk hunting.

LMAO ya a californian would say Wolf Creek Pass is in unit 44....

Coloradoboy

Especially since I've hunted unit 44 and 35 before. I bet that 310" deer was pretty close to WCP. lol

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-15 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]5K, thanks for sharing the great pictures of a true stud buck! Would be nice if people could enjoy/admire such an awesome buck, instead of trying to pry for info on where the photos were taken, what unit, county, etc. You guys think he is going to reveal that info? A true trophy hunter wouldn't even ask those stupid questions.... Pictures were taken in "No Tellum Canyon"

Mike

We can only answer OP's question if we know where he saw the deer. And OP ain't saying, specifically. What do you think OP really had in mind w this post?

>We can only answer OP's question
>if we know where he
>saw the deer. And OP
>ain't saying, specifically. What do
>you think OP really had
>in mind w this post?
>

Huh? If you could answer his question, you would know what unit the buck was in.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-15
>AT 08:33?PM (MST)

>
>5K, thanks for sharing the great
>pictures of a true stud
>buck! Would be nice if
>people could enjoy/admire such an
>awesome buck, instead of trying
>to pry for info on
>where the photos were taken,
>what unit, county, etc. You
>guys think he is going
>to reveal that info? A
>true trophy hunter wouldn't even
>ask those stupid questions.... Pictures
>were taken in "No Tellum
>Canyon"
>
>Mike
I wouldn't have posted a pic of that buck until it was on the ground and room temperature.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom