Is this why?

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Is this why it makes sense to not gather in large numbers, self quarantine and practice social distancing?

Three dozen congregants who attended children's event at Arkansas church test positive for coronavirus as illness kills 91-year-old door greeter

Manny? Manny? Where are you manny?

Free people making free decisions. The lemmings die just like the free people die. The difference is the free people live.

Hey Tristate, do you know that you and old granny could “live it up” longer if you just stay home for a couple weeks?

25000 people died of the flu already. Were you taking the flu seriously?

I know this isn't the flu but if you want to just put things on the basis of life and death you better get real comfortable with your hypocrisy.

The fact is there are way bigger problems than how many die.

Yeah we lost that many to the flu.... That should be the wake up! We have treatment, vaccinations and our species as a whole has partial immunity to it..... This is totally new! You do realize hospitals are being overrun by this.... So if you have a heart attack, are involved in an accident and need to be treated at a hospital, you may not have a bed! This isn't the flu.

"And what are those problems? Money?"

Liberty, Food, Commerce, Education, Ciivilization. You know all those things that your ancestors fought and died for so you could throw it away right now because you got scared of the risk it was going to take to preserve them.

"That should be the wake up!"

What wake up? Welcome to reality sister. People die. Yes I may have an accident and not be able to be treated at a hospital. Welcome to risk and reality. You ain't guaranteed squat.

You know what else could happen. Our economy could go into a great depression. Have you thought about that? Have you thought about people starving to death in America? Have you thought about millions of people loosing their homes and having to live on the streets? What do you think the average age of mortality was in the great depression?

The fact is I am one of the few people taking this seriously while you cower and do nothing.

"You mean the stuff that I fought for as a Soldier? The stuff I sacrificed for on my deployments into combat zones while you were punching the clown in your basement? Ok got it...... "

Sounds to me like at some point if you thought if too many died you would decide it wasn't worth it.

I don't think you "got it".

You do realize every single Soldier, Sailor, Airman and Marine has sacrificed everything you stated while serving their country. Now your country is asking you to sacrifice a little bit of those but you're too important to do so? Wow..... You entitled ........ (Fill in the blank)

"You mean the stuff that I fought for as a Soldier? The stuff I sacrificed for on my deployments into combat zones while you were punching the clown in your basement? Ok got it...... "

Sounds to me like at some point if you thought if too many died you would decide it wasn't worth it.

I don't think you "got it".

Sounds to me like you wouldn't even or your boots on....

I am asking everyone to sacrifice. I'm asking everyone to go to work. I'm asking for everyone to volunteer spare time for those in need.

When you went of on deployment did you tell everyone to cower in their homes until they get you get back? Did the military quit paying families of service men while you were deployed?

No they didn't. Because there are needs that have to be met while people are dying. THAT IS REALITY. The world doesn't just stop when some magical number of dead people gets reached.

When the towers got hit did everyone just cower in their homes waiting for the military to do something??????? Hell no. We got to work. Work makes this whole thing work. Not sitting on your a55 wondering who's next.

Your country is asking you to stop for a few weeks so that we can have a handle on it. I'll sacrifice. You're too selfish. I know what it means to sacrifice for people who won't do the same for me. I went to war for millions of POS who didn't care if I died for them. This "war" as our President calls it, appears to be no different. Plenty of selfish POS out there that will not or refuse to sacrifice for their country. I'm sure you'll be the first person begging for a ventilator when you need one though. Maybe these conversations will come up on your death bed. Maybe you'll deny your ventilator for a healthcare professional who caught it and became ill because of people like you. Maybe. Good luck to you and yours. Be safe.

I find it funny to watch someone talk about how selfish I am but that I may end up dying. You don't get it both ways slick. I KNOW I MAY DIE . I know you may die. Are you scared someone else out there is going to get issued a martyr card that you feel you deserve?

Who are these millions of POS that didn't care? I have never met one single person who didn't care whether soldiers live or die. Grow up and face reality and quit trying to come up with a reason to be offended.

DO you realize there are economists talking about %30 unemployment? I want you to go back and actually answer these questions.

Have you thought about people starving to death in America? Have you thought about millions of people loosing their homes and having to live on the streets? What do you think the average age of mortality was in the great depression?

These are real questions that we have to deal with slick. Real issues we have to weigh into this country and our families THAT YOU DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY. You think because someone disagreas with you that we are a "POS" or we don't "take it seriously". All to easy to judge people like that instead of thinking past the here and now and consider some of these people want to sacrifice other things so there is something good for the families of people who call them a "POS".

Why 'Im not allowed out

89982520_210000720108378_814522826651336704_n.jpg

Yup, a bunch of people get the flu every year and a bunch of them die. The last time I had the flu several years ago, I thought I was going to die so I get a flu shot every year now.

I don't see a lot of difference between the person telling me to get out there and go to work and the person telling me to stay home. Neither has any more idea than a prairie dog what I should do.

Seems to me the trick is figuring out who should stay home and who should go to work. The world really doesn't need me out there driving around with my turn signal on. So lets be patient while they are trying to define essential.

Meanwhile, your liberty is under greater threat by the legislation just passed than your shelter in place order. So be smart.

Wilhille,

I want great things for you and yours. That is the truth.
I truly feel the same toward you and yours Tri.

A quick look at the graph shows numbers comparing two cities here in the USA during the 1918 Flu. The graph is pretty telling. What America's stands for did not fall apart because people were asked to stay home or social distance themselves. Instead lives were saved

20200325-153656-Social Distancing reduction of curve_1918Graph.jpg

Wilhille,

Thankyou for the info. However you are comparing apples and oranges. The US was a completely different society in 1918 and their idea of social distancing was very much different than our own. How goods were traded was different, there was no government bailouts. Hell most people in those cities still crapped in a pot and pitched it in the streets. Most people lived within one mile of their work.

I don't have a problem with people who want to practice social distancing. But I don't feel the government has a right to force it on anyone. No matter what their reasoning is. Social distancing isn't the same as telling millions and millions of people not to go to work.

These people in this church who are sick and some will die were practicing their fundamental rights. Rights that are %100 guaranteed in the US constitution. My church is doing digital services. That is what my pastor has decided. Working out pretty good for us it seems. We can sit here and debate whether these congregants chose poorly. I don't know and I don't care. They chose as free men and women get to choose under, what is supposed to be, our free country. That I do care about.

By the way, by 1920 the United States was in a full on economic depression.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom