Is Uncumpagre open?

born_2_hunt

Thinking about goin camping up on the Uncumpagre on the Escalante side or from the Gateway side. Is it open? I've never been there.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Yes it is open. At least the Delta-Nucla Road and Divide Road to the north is. The mountain is very dry. All of the snow is already melted off of 61. Pretty scary.

Was told by the campground host that last summer they went in around memorial day and there was still a foot of snow at columbine campground. The third week of July was green as could be and cool 60s days 40s nights looks like a year is going to make a big difference.

We're going to take the camper up the Divide road Friday night. Probably end up on the 61 side somewhere.

Wish I was close enough to spend the weekend up in 61 camping. Already 97 - 100 every day this week here in West Central Texas, I sure hope it's not a repeat of last summer.

Do any of you guys know if you can get up and over Columbine Pass yet? I went up a couple weeks ago and couldnt even get remotely close.

We only went about 5 miles south of the FS boundary from the Unaweep side this weekend. It was very dry for this time of year. Only the steep north facing slopes had any snow at all. On foot you could go anywhere you wanted.

LAST EDITED ON May-07-12 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]Hey BeanMan, we we were up there in the same area from Thursday night through Sunday. Camped just off Divide road about 1/2 mile before Divide Fork Campground, GJ side. Did some trail riding on the ATV's. The highest we went before we looped back was at the Mailbox trailhead. Saw a few patches of snow in the shady spots but all the trails were extremely dusty. Lots of green out through the trees though. Hope it gets some moisture up there soon.

Randy, We were on Massey Bench, just north of the Mailbox. We're going to have to hope for some summer help from Mother Nature or it's going to be a tinderbox.

We went to the bottom of Mailbox too, great lunch spot by the creek! We then took the mailbox cutoff over Massey Bench over to Uranium Road and worked our way back to camp. My wife says if you're the dirt biker with the elk shed strapped to your back she wants it! Saw a couple of different groups where almost every ATV had a dog riding along. Good times.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom