It's Chili Time again Hatch is getting busy

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
Hey Fedoc

Did get your Chili's ordered in advance I just received a message that mine are coming soon..

Last year I got the hot but they weren't hot enough so I went big and ordered the hottest ones they grow...Can't wait my ears will ring, my eyes will water and I'll be sweating when I eat them but Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Hey Fedoc

Did get your Chili's ordered in advance I just received a message that mine are coming soon..

Last year I got the hot but they weren't hot enough so I went big and ordered the hottest ones they grow...Can't wait my ears will ring, my eyes will water and I'll be sweating when I eat them but Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
I just picked up several pounds during my NM trip. Got to watch them get pulled out of the roaster.

We’re lucky……they roast them on the street corners here. Walmart sets a roaster in their parking lot.

Heck of a lot easier than roasting our own like we used to, and my beer consumption goes way down too.

Ironically, the worst green chili enchiladas I ever ate were in Hatch NM.

Man, you’ve got to spell Chile correctly!

Mirasol chile from Rocky Ford, Colorado is amazing. Hatch is really a trade name, not a type of chile, exactly like ‘Olathe Sweet’ sweet corn, many different varieties get the label.

Man, you’ve got to spell Chile correctly!

Mirasol chile from Rocky Ford, Colorado is amazing. Hatch is really a trade name, not a type of chile, exactly like ‘Olathe Sweet’ sweet corn, many different varieties get the label.
Sorry B
I was drinking when I typed that...LOL Yes I have been in Grand Junction in the summer and saw those corner stands that roast the Chile's on the spot. And yes you are right about the varieties but it is also about the dirt they are grown in.
I have bought a lot of Chiles in both places but that Hatch has a special flavor and not to take anything away from the Mirasol Chile variety you are talking about.
I just love Chili Verde and make my own with Chiles not Tomatillos like most make. Can't wait to start cooking it, the kids and grandkids always are here and love it just as hot as I do..

I like the Mirasol ‘Mosco’ chile for a bunch of reasons. It’s got thicker walls than Anaheim’s or Big Jim’s so it’s meatier. It’s also a bit hotter than either. And because it came from Colorado State University’s Agricultural Experiment Station at Rocky Ford, Colorado. It was selected by a colleague, Mike Bartolo. I was part of CSU’S dry bean breeding project at Agricultural Experiment Station: Fruita for 30 years so I’m maybe a bit biased.

So that is where the Beanman came from interesting. Yes I love the thicker walls on the peppers I bought some at the farmers market a few weeks ago that were robust and thick walls as you stated. They weren't much for being hot but I mixed them with other Big Jims and the Chile was good but not great.,

I've bought chile's in Grand Junction before so maybe I got the Mirasols and didn't know it. I can't get down that way or I would just for the Chile's LOL

Sorry B
I was drinking when I typed that...LOL Yes I have been in Grand Junction in the summer and saw those corner stands that roast the Chile's on the spot. And yes you are right about the varieties but it is also about the dirt they are grown in.
I have bought a lot of Chiles in both places but that Hatch has a special flavor and not to take anything away from the Mirasol Chile variety you are talking about.
I just love Chili Verde and make my own with Chiles not Tomatillos like most make. Can't wait to start cooking it, the kids and grandkids always are here and love it just as hot as I do..
Dirt you Say, You’re calling our soil dirt? ;)

Sorry B
Care to share that recipie?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom