Its no big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristate

Long Time Member
Ah the famous words of Bill Murray echoed by the CWD deniers.

Wyoming did a sample of 6700 deer from CWD. 820 were positive. That's a 12% rate of infection.

Good luck fellas. We get the wildlife we deserve.

CWD has a %100 lethality rate. Keep acting like it isn't serious. Like I said. You'll get the wildlife you deserve.
I’ll start worrying about that when I actually hear of some dying from it. High powered rifles have always and will always be the leading cause of death in deer. CWD supposedly kills mature bucks, I have yet to find a state that’s willing to allow them to become that without axing them so again, I’ll worry about it when we start seeing deer actually die from it. We lost 95% of our whitetail herd to EHD a couple years back in western ND. Not one f*ck was given by the game and fish. A very preventable disease if you’ve got the resources, but they don’t give it a second thought as they’ve for CWD colored glasses on.

Wyoming did a sample of 6700 deer from CWD. 820 were positive. That's a 12% rate of infection.

What would u do if u were in charge?

I’ll start worrying about that when I actually hear of some dying from it. High powered rifles have always and will always be the leading cause of death in deer. CWD supposedly kills mature bucks, I have yet to find a state that’s willing to allow them to become that without axing them so again, I’ll worry about it when we start seeing deer actually die from it. We lost 95% of our whitetail herd to EHD a couple years back in western ND. Not one f*ck was given by the game and fish. A very preventable disease if you’ve got the resources, but they don’t give it a second thought as they’ve for CWD colored glasses on.
How is ehd preventable?

Tristate is nothing but a narcissist. **** him. He read Jim’s cwd thread and had to make his own. He’s not getting enough attention in his life. Maybe if he wasn’t fat at least women would look at him.

Go to the gym Tristate. Get something in your life that makes you full. This thread isn’t about CWD. It’s about a fat guy from Texas crying out for help.

We can’t help you unless you help yourself.

Link to Jims thread if anyone wants to talk about CWD

You bet I’ll be shooting the **** outta the deer this year. Gotta keep that buck to doe ratio in check. All in the name of sustainability

Reactions: SS!
Tristate is nothing but a narcissist. **** him. He read Jim’s cwd thread and had to make his own. He’s not getting enough attention in his life. Maybe if he wasn’t fat at least women would look at him.

Go to the gym Tristate. Get something in your life that makes you full. This thread isn’t about CWD. It’s about a fat guy from Texas crying out for help.

We can’t help you unless you help yourself.

Link to Jims thread if anyone wants to talk about CWD

You might get a PM from El Jefe. Lol. I can give you a few I have received if you are collecting them. ?

• Haha
How is ehd preventable?
Simple pesticide application to mud lines on drying up water sources. Much of the western Dakotas and eastern MT/WY the only water sources with any water in them during outbreaks are stock rams and dugouts. If they took half the money they are pissing away on CWD and put it toward outreach and chemical purchase programs for ranchers and land managers they could all but eliminate EHD in huge areas.

CWD kills deer. It is killing more and more each year.

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

"I bet hating people will cure CWD,"

You ever wonder....... nevermind, you don't.

Short answer is CWD probably came from some Anti WLH Chinese lab and needs to be stopped.

Every 60 seconds another minute passes… with a few more auction tags we might be able slow that down.

IMG_5919.jpeg

I remember back when CWD was gonna be the end of hunting as we know it. They shot all those spotted fawns in WI that first summer. It was all over the outdoor magazines. We currently live in the peak of the “good old days” for Midwest whitetails, WI is turning out more big bucks then at anytime in the past. CO was working its way back to the good ol days until they decide we better kill them before CWD does. We’ve got a disease that doesn’t kill the deer, doesn’t transfer to people through the meat, and here we are pouring millions into it. There’s a fish parasite in the MN lakes I fished as a kid. They call it black spot disease. It doesn’t hurt the fish, doesn’t hurt people if you cook the fish, and nearly every bluegill had it. Sounds an awful lot like CWD to me.

CWD has a %100 lethality rate. Keep acting like it isn't serious. Like I said. You'll get the wildlife you deserve.
You should see if you can get them the Pfizer vax you took 6 times. What did the scientists do adjust the test threshold parameters so low they all popped positive. I feel like that’s been done before.

I remember back when CWD was gonna be the end of hunting as we know it. They shot all those spotted fawns in WI that first summer. It was all over the outdoor magazines. We currently live in the peak of the “good old days” for Midwest whitetails, WI is turning out more big bucks then at anytime in the past. CO was working its way back to the good ol days until they decide we better kill them before CWD does. We’ve got a disease that doesn’t kill the deer, doesn’t transfer to people through the meat, and here we are pouring millions into it. There’s a fish parasite in the MN lakes I fished as a kid. They call it black spot disease. It doesn’t hurt the fish, doesn’t hurt people if you cook the fish, and nearly every bluegill had it. Sounds an awful lot like CWD to me.
You been eating CWD meat??

I can assure you that millions of pounds of CWD meat has been eaten in this country. So yes, I probably have eaten CWD meat. I’ve never had a deer, elk or moose tested for it and never will. Until even the slightest shred of credible evidence comes out that it can transfer, I’ll keep on eating my deer.
I can tell?

They Told Us For Alot Of Years It Wouldn't Hurt You If You Ate the CWD Infected Meat!

I Know A Guy That Had His Deer Meat Confiscated After It Was Cut & Wrapped & In His Freezer!

Anybody Know Anything About That?

Prevalence actually went down in some areas and yes we hunt right over the fence from Sybille. Prevalence has not changed much since they started testing.

Our bucks were aged at 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 years from last year. One was positive, and it is in the freezer. We've taken buck up to 10 1/2 yrs old from the area, cwd is not killing all the mature bucks regardless of what WG&F says.

Prevalence actually went down in some areas and yes we hunt right over the fence from Sybille. Prevalence has not changed much since they started testing.

Our bucks were aged at 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 years from last year. One was positive, and it is in the freezer. We've taken buck up to 10 1/2 yrs old from the area, cwd is not killing all the mature bucks regardless of what WG&F says.
Has your population density risen, fallen, or staid the same?

I’m proud of all of you engaging tristate due to his mental illness. The MM community is strong ?

Tri set the bait out and people ate it. Every time he sets the bait out, people eat it. I don’t underhand why anyone replies to him. No replies to tri’s bait and he disappears. Really a simple solve.
When he posts just don’t reply. You give him relevance by replying. Just don’t reply , why is that so hard, unless others actually enjoy the bait and the drama. Seems like that’s actually the case. Just saying. He gets positive reward by people eating the bait. It’s like to Pavlov’s dog. He Rings the bell and people run for the bell. Break the addiction.

Tri set the bait out and people ate it. Every time he sets the bait out, people eat it. I don’t underhand why anyone replies to him. No replies to tri’s bait and he disappears. Really a simple solve.
When he posts just don’t reply. You give him relevance by replying. Just don’t reply , why is that so hard, unless others actually enjoy the bait and the drama. Seems like that’s actually the case. Just saying. He gets positive reward by people eating the bait. It’s like to Pavlov’s dog. He Rings the bell and people run for the bell. Break the addiction.
If replying to tristate keeps him from sucking on a shotgun consider us guilty. I’ll take the 5 mins to give him the attention he needs. It’s the least we can do.

Has your population density risen, fallen, or staid the same?
Overall population or buck numbers?
Overall deer are down all over the state, even areas without cwd and yes our numbers are down but lots of healthy doe and fawns right now.
We now have ranches split up into 35 acre ranchettes for neighbors, drought for last several years- not this year though, and mule deer doe tags so many things affect this population along with your cwd theory.
Doe prevalence is very low actually, and again they say we have no mature bucks but we take bucks from 5 1/2 - 9 1/2 yrs old every year.

staid?

Cwd=persuade and get people to panic to get more federal funding. Live in a hot cwd zone and follow deer year after year but they never die till they meet a bullet. All test postive for cwd. All have been healthy. We will be just fine. Been talking about cwd since the late 60's but yet here we are. Whitetail numbers increase meanwhile mule deer drop due to bad management, winters and predators.

Tri, how do you know if CWD hasn't always been around. I'm sure it waxes and wanes. You say it has a 100% lethality rate? How old are they when they are dying 7,8, 9? Should we hurry and kill them all when they're two because they have a 12% chance of getting a disease that they can live years with? Maybe we should kill all humans around age 20, because as they get older they have a 12% chance of developing some disease? It's nonsense.

Last edited:
Tri, how do you know if CWD hasn't always been around. I'm sure it waxes and wanes. You say it has a 100% lethality rate? How old are they when they are dying 7,8, 9? Should we hurry and kill them all when they're two because they have a 12% chance of getting a disease that they can live years with? Maybe we should kill all humans around age 20, because as they get older they have a 12% chance of developing some disease? It's nonsense.
Yes. This post is nonsense.

I don't care if it's been around forever. We find it in places we haven't found it before so we know it is spreading. That's a fact. How old are they when they are dying? Every age you can think of. Quit believing the internet. Deer die from it that aren't even 2.

Overall population or buck numbers?
Overall deer are down all over the state, even areas without cwd and yes our numbers are down but lots of healthy doe and fawns right now.
We now have ranches split up into 35 acre ranchettes for neighbors, drought for last several years- not this year though, and mule deer doe tags so many things affect this population along with your cwd theory.
Doe prevalence is very low actually, and again they say we have no mature bucks but we take bucks from 5 1/2 - 9 1/2 yrs old every year.

staid?
Overall.

That's why you should be taking this seriously. If your herd decreases with normal diseases your infection rates should crash. That's what happens with EHD that everyone loves talking about. CWD isn't doing that. It just keeps on killing.

This is the problem is a post that starts is one sided.. Post the whole article. Look at previous years of testing and numbers. You will all laugh

Better yet go to wyoming forum and you can find it.

Overall.

That's why you should be taking this seriously. If your herd decreases with normal diseases your infection rates should crash. That's what happens with EHD that everyone loves talking about. CWD isn't doing that. It just keeps on killing.
I forgot about the thousands of elk taking over the area too.

As of yet, no carcasses from cwd deer have been found, bullets keep killing them though. No EHD in our area.

Have WT's population plummeted in Texas yet, you have it down there? Any ranches have all their herd die off from it?

Reactions: nfh
I forgot about the thousands of elk taking over the area too.

As of yet, no carcasses from cwd deer have been found, bullets keep killing them though. No EHD in our area.

Have WT's population plummeted in Texas yet, you have it down there? Any ranches have all their herd die off from it?
The deer breeders have plummeted here. Infections have risen sharply. Outside of the deer breeding industry Infections have been low and stable with a few cases popping up in new areas. Most of the free range areas that have cwd have very low deer densities.

Whenever CWD gets into our higher deer density areas we expect a very similar spread to Wisconsin.

Carcasses from CWD are laying all over Wyoming. Whoever tells you differently is lying to you. We take CWD infected deer and try and feed and water and take care of them. %100 of them die. It's proven.

Can someone please show me all these dead deer wyoming. Sorry winter range and road kill doesn't count. I have talked to the biologist and still waiting on the phone call for all these dead deer they find, maybe it's cause it doesn't happen.

@jm77 have seen these mass feilds of dead deer?

Yes. This post is nonsense.

I don't care if it's been around forever. We find it in places we haven't found it before so we know it is spreading. That's a fact. How old are they when they are dying? Every age you can think of. Quit believing the internet. Deer die from it that aren't even 2.
How would you handle the situation if you were in charge?

How would you handle the situation if you were in charge?
That's actually a great question.

I would budget a massive amount of spending on prion research. Weigh heavy on genetic research, free prion destruction, prion shedding. I would do a lot of research on outside animal vectors of CWD.

I would shut down all transportation of deer. All of it. If your deer tests positive for cwd the meat gets trashed.

Can someone please show me all these dead deer wyoming. Sorry winter range and road kill doesn't count. I have talked to the biologist and still waiting on the phone call for all these dead deer they find, maybe it's cause it doesn't happen.

Why does winter range and highways not count? You think CWD deer avoid that????

Are you out looking for dead or dying deer right now? Do you know how to look for dead or dying deer right now?

Are you out looking for dead or dying deer right now? Do you know how to look for dead or dying deer right now?
Are you an actual for real serious person or like a troll bot? I live in a CWD area with extremely high density of deer and I’ve NEVER seen a deer die from CWD. In fact in the state of ND there has NEVER been a documented case of a deer dying from CWD. Lots of positives in hunter kills, road kills etc, but never a CWD death. Seems odd for a disease that’s “always fatal”

Are you an actual for real serious person or like a troll bot? I live in a CWD area with extremely high density of deer and I’ve NEVER seen a deer die from CWD. In fact in the state of ND there has NEVER been a documented case of a deer dying from CWD. Lots of positives in hunter kills, road kills etc, but never a CWD death. Seems odd for a disease that’s “always fatal”
How many deer have you found that you don't know what they died from?

Do you think you walk up to a dead deer and there is a sign on it "killed by cwd"? Do you know how they actually confirm a dead deer to be cwd positive? Do you know what the window is to test a deer for cwd?

Go ask any certified biologist. Quit reading fake internet junk. Just go ask an actual biologist if cwd or any prion disease is fatal. Go ask them. Go ask an actual epidemiologist. Quit relying on gossip from a talk forum. Do some actual research.

I'm not lying to you.

I have seen CWD infected deer dying and then seen them dead. There are no mass fields of them. At one time the Laramie range was considered the "hot bed" of CWD in Wyoming. That is until they started testing more and the prevalence rate magically dropped in half. Now I hear it's even lower. We see and harvest mature deer up to 7 years old. They have all tested negative.

I don't know what Tri's point is here other than he thrives in argument. My opinion of killing off mature bucks, or does as they are trying around Casper, is spaghetti throwing at it's finest.

I have seen CWD infected deer dying and then seen them dead. There are no mass fields of them. At one time the Laramie range was considered the "hot bed" of CWD in Wyoming. That is until they started testing more and the prevalence rate magically dropped in half. Now I hear it's even lower. We see and harvest mature deer up to 7 years old. They have all tested negative.

I don't know what Tri's point is here other than he thrives in argument. My opinion of killing off mature bucks, or does as they are trying around Casper, is spaghetti throwing at it's finest.
You don't have any mass fields of live deer so how is there going to be mass fields of dead deer.?

That's actually a great question.

I would budget a massive amount of spending on prion research. Weigh heavy on genetic research, free prion destruction, prion shedding. I would do a lot of research on outside animal vectors of CWD.

I would shut down all transportation of deer. All of it. If your deer tests positive for cwd the meat gets trashed.
Agree to disagree. I don't think it's something we'll get rid of, nor do I think it's a huge deal.

I’m more worried of the UDWR managing our deer heard than CWD….
That's actually why I am very active on this topic. Our state agencies aren't doing very well with sustainable big game management.

But my greatest fear in all of this is a familial cwd jump to humans. That's right. The moment that happens it's over. The feds step in and manage your wildlife. If you think the state management is bad wait until the CDC and USFWS start running the show.

How many deer have you found that you don't know what they died from?

Do you think you walk up to a dead deer and there is a sign on it "killed by cwd"? Do you know how they actually confirm a dead deer to be cwd positive? Do you know what the window is to test a deer for cwd?

Go ask any certified biologist. Quit reading fake internet junk. Just go ask an actual biologist if cwd or any prion disease is fatal. Go ask them. Go ask an actual epidemiologist. Quit relying on gossip from a talk forum. Do some actual research.

I'm not lying to you.
I am a biologist. I also raised whitetails for 20 years. Sittin on a little more knowledge base and experience than you are bro.

What I am saying cant count dead winter range deer or roadkill as a cwd death.

We use to own 160 acres of riverbottom. All our deer tested positive after a harvest. Watched them from fawns to adult hood. Never signs of sickness. Had a herd around 30 to 40 deer that hung around. Never seen a sick deer or one near death until ehd came through and they were easy to pick out. Only found dead deer after hunting season from gun shot and once in awhile a dead fawn that died from birth.

Zero concern with cwd. Been here for years and the deer are fine. We got other issues that need more attention than this

What I am saying cant count dead winter range deer or roadkill as a cwd death.

We use to own 160 acres of riverbottom. All our deer tested positive after a harvest. Watched them from fawns to adult hood. Never signs of sickness. Had a herd around 30 to 40 deer that hung around. Never seen a sick deer or one near death until ehd came through and they were easy to pick out. Only found dead deer after hunting season from gun shot and once in awhile a dead fawn that died from birth.

Zero concern with cwd. Been here for years and the deer are fine. We got other issues that need more attention than this
Yes you can count them as aCWD death.

The deer breeders have plummeted here. Infections have risen sharply. Outside of the deer breeding industry Infections have been low and stable with a few cases popping up in new areas. Most of the free range areas that have cwd have very low deer densities.

Whenever CWD gets into our higher deer density areas we expect a very similar spread to Wisconsin.

Carcasses from CWD are laying all over Wyoming. Whoever tells you differently is lying to you. We take CWD infected deer and try and feed and water and take care of them. %100 of them die. It's proven.
Serious question.

At what age are they dying compared to the "control" population.

Also, 100 percent of everything dies.

I think of it like the life expectancy of humans in the 1800s vs today.

<<< point of note, no documented cwd in my area, so not real versed on the subject.

Serious question.

<<< point of note, no documented cwd in my area, so not real versed on the subject.
It wouldn’t matter if you were, Tri is mentally unstable and would just claim whatever he wants about you.

Serious question.

They are dying at all different ages.

I'd take cars for the win

Haven't heard an average age yet. But last I heard is they believe that the average length of time that the disease kills the deer is a little under 2 years.

Last you heard is they believe. Wow that's some info to believe in and panic over nothing.

I’d like to take a moment and thank everyone for contributing to this thread tristate started. Your engagement with him has given him a reason to get up in the morning the past few days.

Let’s hope he can dissect something from another thread and start his own thread again. This one has about ran its course for him.

Stay strong Tristate. Mental illness is no joke!

I’d like to take a moment and thank everyone for contributing to this thread tristate started. Your engagement with him has given him a reason to get up in the morning the past few days.

Let’s hope he can dissect something from another thread and start his own thread again. This one has about ran its course for him.

Stay strong Tristate. Mental illness is no joke!
That's the difference between 75 posts and 15. Blaaaaaaaam!

• Love
I think we’re going to have to learn to live with CWD just like the kung flu. The Colorado and Montana approach of kill them all is as stupid as anything Anthony Faucci has suggested. The government is the biggest group of retards and nearly everything they recommend you should do the opposite. Remember if you don’t test for it they can’t find it.

I think we’re going to have to learn to live with CWD just like the kung flu. The Colorado and Montana approach of kill them all is as stupid as anything Anthony Faucci has suggested. The government is the biggest group of retards and nearly everything they recommend you should do the opposite. Remember if you don’t test for it they can’t find it.
Do Montana a favor and come and shoot a whitetail doe

Montana has been going full throttle on the slow the spread of CWD approach to management long before CWD was an issue.

Non-residents can get a whitetail tail tag that isn’t a deer combo or what the non residents apply for. Way cheaper and can help fight this scourge.

I Think:

I NEEDED THE MEAT EXCUSE Makes My Blood Boil More Than Any Of Their BS Excuses!

Nobody does that. Almost every hunter with a deer tag in Montana will try to fill it with a muley buck. NR or resident the same. Then the excuses after hammering a piss head deer. I don't need to list them. mtmuley

Tri, we know, and have for years, the folks doing research on cwd here in Laramie.
Some of your points are valid but not all by any means.

Yes, we have seen cwd elk and deer on the throws of death. They are easy to spot and identify but certainly not littering our landscape. We cover almost every inch of the ranch we word on, no carcasses littering the landscape at all.
Remember this ranch shares a fence with Sybille, a long fence.
If we had dead deer from cwd all over we would know it and so would the folks working at Sybille.
Oddly the same WT deer that have been in their pens for a few years now are still doing fine.

If you want good info come up and talk with the folks doing research right now , I might be able to get you into the lab building to talk with them.

Tri, we know, and have for years, the folks doing research on cwd here in Laramie.
Some of your points are valid but not all by any means.

Yes, we have seen cwd elk and deer on the throws of death. They are easy to spot and identify but certainly not littering our landscape. We cover almost every inch of the ranch we word on, no carcasses littering the landscape at all.
Remember this ranch shares a fence with Sybille, a long fence.
If we had dead deer from cwd all over we would know it and so would the folks working at Sybille.
Oddly the same WT deer that have been in their pens for a few years now are still doing fine.

If you want good info come up and talk with the folks doing research right now , I might be able to get you into the lab building to talk with them.
I talk to the guys doing research frequently and the people making decisions about the disease.

If the disease prevalence is 12% where you are and the average length of time to die from the disease is 2 years then roughly 6% of your herd will be dying from the disease annually.

You do the math for your ranch specifically based on its population estimate.

That's how many of the deer are dying right where you are. That's based on science. Not what is seen in non-science based observations.

I talk to the guys doing research frequently and the people making decisions about the disease.

If the disease prevalence is 12% where you are and the average length of time to die from the disease is 2 years then roughly 6% of your herd will be dying from the disease annually.

That's how many of the deer are dying right where you are. That's based on science. Not what is seen in non-science based observations.
Actually, it would be a 12% death rate annually given this has been going on more than a year..... (not to knit pick the math). 1 out of 8 deer roughly every year. That's assuming the death rate was linear. Otherwise...you might have a year with a higher % or lower % due to environmental conditions...assuming they had an impact on the effects of CWD infected deer.

Yeah people talked to the nih and cdc as well during the greatest hoax in the world. How’d that pan out a bunch of people coerced into a shot and dropping like flies.

Yeah people talked to the nih and cdc as well during the greatest hoax in the world. How’d that pan out a bunch of people coerced into a shot and dropping like flies.
So we are supposed to never talk to biologists now??????

"Me hunt. Science bad. Ugh."

I tried to talk to you as a scientist as well as a former deer farmer and you declined.

“Me taxidermist. Science bad. Ugh.”

Don't waste your time. The data presented here is one sided. The previous 2 years which wasn't is at the same percent. But again these numbers are postive cases in harvested deer. No good report on actually how many deer die from it which is very very very little

Someone once said “never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience…”

The audacity you have to try to interrupt therapy for tristate will not be forgotten or forgiven in the near future. If no one engaged him he would have suck started a shotgun by now.

I will be in Texas in 2 weeks. Maybe I should bring some taxidermy to him. Then criticize his work

I tried to talk to you as a scientist as well as a former deer farmer and you declined.

“Me taxidermist. Science bad. Ugh.”
No you didn't you tried to prove you were the most credible and you were being condescending. No need to lie

Far be it from me to agree with the troll.

But he's sorta correct.

1 jump, or supposed jump(you know the antis will make it up), to humans, and hunting is over. The Karen's with deer in their flower garden will lose their chit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom