It's ON!!!

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-10 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]Just got the email for success for deer! Keep'em coming and good luck!
-Cody

Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): ANT-1-106.

I guess I need to start researching a good hunting spot for antelope. This was my first time to apply.

Looks like they are starting with antelope. My friends 17 year old son just received a email which said: Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): ANT-1-114. It will be his first antelope.

Well, either their computer is messed up or I have some serious hunting trips to line up this fall!

Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): DER-1-274.

Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): ELK-1-329.

The elk hunt is for Unit 36, October 30 - November 3 which was my 3rd choice and had what I would calculate about a 10% draw odds. My 1st choice was Valle Vidal and my 2nd choice was the Gila.

Deer was somewhat expected, it is for Unit 31, on November 6 - 10. It was also my 3rd choice with about a 70% draw odds. My first 2 choices were ultra premium hunts with about the lowest draw odds you can get.

I have the deer area covered as that is where I shot my 180" buck last year, but I have zero experience in the elk unit.

If anyone has any advice on my antelope or elk units I would be very appreciative of anything you can give me, either via PM or you can email me.

I was only expecting to draw the deer tag so drawing all 3, plus I already have a Wyoming elk tag so I'm a bit overwhelmed right now.

Crazy!

P.S. - It was my first time to apply for all 3 of these draws!

I'm pumped!!!! Just got an email from NM.

My son drew der-1-144 the 5B youth deer hunt Nov 24 - 28. Now I'm glad he didn't draw his Colorado tag!!!!

I'm pumped!!!! Just got an email from NM.

My son drew der-1-144 the 5B youth deer hunt Nov 24 - 28. Now I'm glad he didn't draw his Colorado tag!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-10 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]I've only received 1 email so far as I did last year when I drew a good lot of them. Didn't receive an email for my oryx tag this year and had to wait 'til the results posted to see what I drew last year and I'm hoping there's a few more hunts in the wings for myself and the rest of you!

edit= archery deer and elk and a javelina tag thus far...

-Cody

I can't remember how it works. The emails only go to the successful applicants, right? I only see succesful people posting here.

The Christian

My brother just got an email about 10 min. ago successful for ANT 1 114, hope they keep sending the emails. Congrats Game and Fish for being ahead of the deadline!
nmbighorn

I would think if they were going to send emails to people who didnt draw they would go out last. Since everything has to be done before they know for sure you didnt draw.

do they send emails to res first then non res
and do they send emails to not drawn also

I've wore out my send/receive button, so it must be that only succesful apps are notified by email, or notified first. Oh well, best of luck to all of you lucky enough to draw!

The Christian

Just got an email after 8 years I finally drew my archery deer tag!! HELL YA!!!

Just checked again an one of my other bros drew bow ibex and bow deer I drew bow deer and bow elk 16D 3rd hunt again drew it last year I killed a 320 bull in 45 min. of hunting from when I left home up north to when I got home was just under 23 hours I'm gonna top that one this year an kill a bigger one 350+ but it might take a couple days congrats to all maybe they will send me a sheep tag also. Nmbighorn

ANTELOPE-2-206 for me and bro-in-law! Bow hunt... YEAHHHHH!!!! Hope to get more e-mails though, waiting... hoping...

Father In Law and I drew 53 Elk & Deer in 53. My girls both drew 1st rifle in 53 deer. Its on.

It's about time I drew some tags
ant-1-114 north east
Jav-1-102 lordsburg area
Der-2-117 2B late
Elk 3-102 muzz 2

I was really getting worried . . . then I saw that I had mail in my junk e-mail box!! Elk, Deer and Javelina -- It's another great year!!! I love our wonderful state of New Mexico!!! Thank you Lord for answering my prayers again!!
-- Bob

Finally after 10 years for me, Im deer hunting in NM. My son drew as well for the youth season for the 5th year in a row. The greatest email ever!

Sweet I drew muzzy 17 elk!!! this is going to great year I can tell already, I already have Wyoming elk tag for area 111 and Utah muzzy Deer for north eastern and still waitting on Idaho Deer and Elk to come out. Time to start trying to tell the wife! Where do they sell flowers ?

My non res group of four just got Unit 23 Archery tags for Sept 11 to 18th. Thanks NM for upfront fees!

Drew

ANT, Deer, Jav. looks like I'm buying an elk tag this year. congrats to everyone who has drawn!

16A first archery for me!!!!!! Check your junk email box guys. Thats where i found mine.

16A archery 1st season for me!!!! Check your junk email box guys. Thats where mine was.

Finally!! After 3 years of striking out in the draw, my daughter drew a unit 34 youth elk tag. Hell ya! Unit 30 1st rifle deer for me so far. No elk email yet, I'm hoping the valles caldera has some good news for me tomorrow am!

Myself, my son and soon to be step-son drew second deer hunt in 37 (2nd choice) and also got our 3rd choice/Hail Mary elk on the 1st rifle bull hunt in 50. Wasn't really wanting that one, but it was the best this thick skull could figure out for a 3rd choice with success rates/draw odds. The hunt is in October, so I've got plenty of time to burn some gas! Kinda relieved that I won't have to mix it up with the leftover first come first serve gaggle this year. I'm just happy to drawn elk for once and I'll make the best of it.

Me and BIo, chasing speed goats with the stick and string.

My oldest who took an oryx last year, got an anterless tag on Valle Vidal/Greenwood. Was hoping for the MB, but time with the kiddos and meat in the freezer can't be beat.

And when that is all done, then Dec off range for the Middle kiddo!

GOOD LUCK ALL THOSE WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL!!!

nmyb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

I'm also excited to say the least! My son and I drew ELK-1-265 which will be his 1st elk hunt. And I and a buddy drew January archery deer. I love hunting New Mexico!

Just seen my e-mails - deer in 2a with muzzleloader in September and antelope in early september!!! No elk yet!!! Pretty good!

Drew Elk-257 first rifle 16B! Third choice! Third time to apply for elk, third time to draw 16B, 2 bulls down with a third on the way. 3 really is a good %$**(%$ number! I don't think I will have to ask for any advice this time! God bless ya all and good luck this season!

Just checked my results, drew Unit 30 Barbary and archery deer tag. No elk...... I think I am still going to cry. Anyone want a elk hunting partner?

if i didnt get a e-mail yet do u think i will be unsuccessful of do u think they r still sending them out?

I thought I was missing out until I checked my spam filter!

My brother, nephew and I all drew ANT-1-100 (Unit 3,5, etc.) and my brother, a freind, and I all drew ELK-1-251 (16A Rifle - 2nd). After applying for 8 years in many states, these are the first big game tags I have ever drawn. I am not complaining though as I have been able to join others on hunts and have a great time. My turn to take a swing...

I meant to apply for the 1st rifle hunt but screwed up - I am assuming it is still a high quality hunt? The antelope hunt will give us a chance to scout 16A a little since they are in the same vicinity. I am already having fun.

I drew a tag I drew a deer Tag Where is my ELK tag.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

drew all my 2nd choices got 6c muzzy elk, 37 deer rifle, and 30 barbary.my wife brother and cuzin also drew 37 deer tags and my cuz drew 6c elk with me. gonna be a great year got lots of scouting to do. congrats to everyone that drew this year. sorry for those who didnt better luck next year

ah $#!+ my emait acout was wrong on the game and fish website so now i hav no choice but to wait till 12:01!!! i already have my alarm clock set

Whoohoo!!! My buddy and I drew our first choice. Der 2-117, 2B late archery. Congrats to everyone else who drew and hopefully there's still more good things to come. Good Luck!!

Non Res coues tag,elk tag and barbary tag. Looks like NM is finally trying to be nice to me. Deer and Elk are not in a very good unit-23 so I hope I will be able to find some critters. best of luck to everyone!
BB

Congratulations to all Especially you Stinky. We are PUMPED!!!! My Dad and my brother in law drew 51 2nd archery and I drew 52 2nd archery for elk guess we'll be camping at hopewell. My daughter and I both drew Urraca 1st rifle for deer.

16b archery 2nd hunt good luck to all who drew and to the ones who didnt maybe next year

"Hunting" Its Not A Hobby Its A Way Of
Life

>Any E mails for you, Paul?
>

Pretty weak so far. Couple of easy to draw deer tags for Zach and the wife. We also all drew barbary. Zach and I unit wide, Kim drew unit 30 (the hell hole).

Gonna wait till midnight to make sure there isnt something else hiding under the christmas tree and there is still hope with the valle caldera.

good luck to all that drew, condolences to those that didn't...

1st choice deer and elk bow, 34 and 21A...back to my favorite places...

2nd choice deer 17 sept. bowhunt but i wasnt able to get the main one i wanted ' my 16a archery elk!!!:(

Looks like my group got out first choice 3-122! Unit 2b muzzle loader for deer. Now comes the fun part, the planning and anticipation.

npaden, looks like I will in the beautiful mountains with you on the Unit 36 10-30/11-3 elk hunt. Have you hunted the unit before? You be guided or diy?

Best of luck - I did this hunt eight years ago and took a 350 class 6X6. Bring it on baby.

NO ELK HUNTING FOR ME THIS YEAR.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

nmelktrout........B.F.Z!!!! Zilch!! Nada!! Goose egg!!! #@$%#^*&*@!#$ !!!! Oh well there will be alot more DEAD COYOTES than normal!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Sept Ant, Oct Oryx, 36 Muzzy Elk, Late 33 Muley . . . I am going to go kiss someone now

100% green. Deer and bull elk both in unit 36! Gonna try to get my first bull.

Congratulations! The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is notifying you that you were successful in drawing a 2010 - 2011 hunting license for the following hunt code(s): DER-1-100

First time ever applying in New Mexico!!

First time my son and I applied in New Mexico. We drew our second choice for deer as nonresidents. GMU 2B Nov.6-10. Now we have to do our homework! Good luck to everyone with their draws and on their hunts.

Have yet to draw an antelope tag for the first time, I lost count how many times of I've applied and ZERO. I drew the Valle Caldera 1st rifle and Deer unit 49 2nd rifle.

Good hunting to all who drew and stay safe out there.

Elk Unit 15 1st archery
Deer Unit 24 Jan archery
Struck out on antelope...

pinemesa

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom