J-12 Round Valey youth hunt

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Well my 15 year old daughter finally did it. She drew a tag of a lifetime. I think I am more excited for her than I would have been if I drew G-3. I grew up in Bishop and hunted the Buttermilk area up to McGee and Horton Lakes a lot, but that was 30 years ago. Does anyone know if the north half of the unit is as good for this hunt. We use to see some toads up around Paradise when we were kids, but that has seemed to be a thing of the past. Convict knolls Rock creek use to carry some fair deer, but I have never checked this area out in December. If anyone has hunted this in the past, or has any information I would like to talk to you.

Thanks
Bill

I hunted it a few years ago. Killed a 33 1/2" 4x4. PM me and I will call you if you want to talk.

Bill,

Sounds like she is going to get out of school for awhile in NOV & Dec with both of her tags...good for her and hope that she bags two toads too.

Brian
http://i41.tinypic.com/xvvgp.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Brian,
Now I am glad that I did not draw anything. Her two trips are going to take up most of my vacation time. This should be an opportunity for her to get a nice mule deer. You have any hunting plans for this year?

Bill

Like you Bill so far have drawn nothing in CO,NV,CA and just waiting on the slowpokes in WY to post the results for Deer & Antelope. Should draw the Lope tag and if so, then in Nov. we might go to CO for an OTC Elk tag during the 3rd season which is Nov 6th to 14th.
Just got an email from Bob at Silveria's that he and his son both drew X7b Deer tags.

Brian
http://i41.tinypic.com/xvvgp.jpg[/IMG]

Congratulations, this is a great tag. Remember, school can be made up, this tag can not so don't waste it. My son had it in 2004 and killed a monster. I had goodale in 08 so spent a day in Bishop and saw some good ones then last year we went back to j-12 just to look at the bucks during the big snow during midseason and saw a couple very good shooters, so take your time and let her pick her Dream Buck cause they are there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom