j7 apprentice hunt

dgross

Daughter was lucky enough to draw this tag. Anybody have any pointers on this hunt ? Second year hunting and no bucks yet. Hope to get her on something fair but most of all just spend the time together. This hunt will be the focus of my summer. My dad and I drew x12 as well but I'am not as excited about that as the other. Good luck to all this year and be safe.

Isn't that X7B? If so it can be a good hunt if you get off of the road. Also you want early COLD weather to get all the campers and dirt bike riders out of the area. If not X7B then not sure.

-John Wayne

Elk, Thanks for the reply. It is actually X8. I've been doing a little research and got some info. I think we will make a trip or two up in the next few weeks. Just need to get through with rodeo's next week and we'll be good to go.

It's a great hunt, but in my opinion, people hit the wrong side of the zone.....and shoot does early in their hunt.

I live on the East side, so I prefer it as it is WAY less crowded with other outdoor activists.

A point to make...The migration goes west to east, so IF you catch a storm, you willl be better off on the east slopes.

There are opportunities for HUGE bucks there, but it is fairly early, so you need the weather.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Nickman, Thanks for the heads up. I have been around Heenan Lake and Leviathan Mine a little. My dad hunted it as a kid. Haven't been on the eastern side very much but will definately look into it. Where at on the east side do you live ? Maybe we can hook up for a coldie and some stories. Thanks again and take care.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom