Jackson Easter Egg Hunt

C

claallen

Just checking to see how many of you went to the easter egg hunt in Jackson Hole. If so how did you all do? I did not find anything there, but went over the mountain the next day and found a couple elk sheds.

It was quite the circus!! Over 200 vehicles, probably 600 persons and alot of horses. Found a few antlers, less bones and alot of people. Most people found one, alot none. Great just for the experience of seeing hundreds of crazy guys and gals racing for a bunch of bones!!!

i didn't go, but i've seen an event similar to it and it makes me sick to think about it. 200-300 vehicles, about 600 people and only about 400 antlers total to be found. Needless to say, alot go home without an antler and very few go home with more than one.

i used to go to this area before F & G closed it during shed season and it was phenomenal shed picking. There might be one other vehicle parked there on any given day during the shed season. game wasn't pressured at all. then the antler prices went up...now it's a foot/hoof race with a bunch of crazed maniacs, some of which pack heat (who knows why, are these people afraid of bears? with that many people and that much noise and activity, no bear in their right mind would be anywhere nearby). today prices are down, but the event still draws more and more people every year. i can't figure that out.

things sure do change, don't they? In this case, things have changed for the worse...

berto

No go for me, that circus is a joke, I saw a pickup about half full of head gear headed outa there though.

I went up to the race this year I have been going for years There is definelty more people than ever before this year
We did pretty good Me and my two brothers and brotherinlaw and Dad found 44 between us A couple really big sets and a lot of 5 and small 6ers I think the elk left early this year and a lot of bone is on the teton park Not many people did really well There were tracks everywhere the poachers had all ready cleaned up most of the really big ones Any way i think i will dump a bunch of horn up to the sale I think it is on the 17th this year
Later

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom