Jackson Hole

Well after seeing a couple posts about the big Jackson Hole antler fest....Has me wondering. How many of you participate, or have done it? It looks like it would be fun to see all the sheds and what not, but is it really worth the time to go out with the large crowds. I think I would rather take my chances a little closer to home. Is there a good number of large antlers picked up, or whats the status. I want to hear some stories. I know of a few people who went and said that there are a lot of people who go out there earlier and steal them, or put them in trees. what some people will do for an antler.

For most people it is just an experience to see all the people and a 'chance' at pickin up a bone. Of course we could stay close to home but it is just fun to get in line and try your luck. I have to say that for some people it seems crazy, but others don't mind the excitement of the crowd. It is not for every one. It is fun for most who go. Even when you don't find any thing you can have alot of fun hiking and seeing wildlife and being there at Jackson Hole with the Tetons in the background.

I participate in the jackson antler fest, and honostly i'll say it can either be bad or good depending on how you have fun. I do enjoy going, and getting away from home, and being able to talk to other people and about their sheds.. the Downfall of it for me is the number of people that are there. There's easily over 100 cars in line, and who knows how many people to each vihicle, so that there is something I don't like cus i tend to get frustrated when I see others around me lookin for sheds cus i'm not used to it, but I will still go next year I believe.. We did ok this year, but not as good as last year, but it was still fun to see the scenery, and watch the show of everyone racing up the mountain sides:D. Well i'll post pics soon of our finds in jackson..
C4S

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom