January Deer Bowhunts ??

lve2143

Very Active Member
Guys,

How good are these things ??

What kinda rut activity are we talking about ??

This would be a great time of year for me, I was
just wondering what y'all thought about'em.

Larry

I will give my experience. I hunted 2b and 36. I saw some absolute mounsters, but with both hunts there was so much crunchy snow, it was all but about impossible to stalk on them. I think if you can get one of the southern units and no snow they would be great. Good luck!

There is not a funner time to hunt deer with a bow than in the rut. If you are up North though the snow is a problem. Ambushing will be your best bet. I love the January bow hunts. The rutting is usually going strong at the beginning of the hunt and tapering off towards the end of the hunt.

i have hunted the jan hunt for about 5 years and it is great i am in southern nm and there are alot of bucks to chase the only bad thing is sometimes the wind is a problem 30+ miles per hour like this year but still a blast

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom