Jared Zabransky

I

in2chukar

It's official. Former Boise State QB Jared Zabransky will be on the cover of the 2008 version of EA Sports NCAA Football Video Game. Kind of ironic. The guy went from goat to hero in about 45 seconds during the Fiesta Bowl. Zabransky threw a bonehead pick with about 1 minute remaining against Oklahoma that should have cost BSU the game. I actually felt bad for him after the INT and I don't even like him. I'm not kidding he would have been run out of Boise if they would have lost that game. It probably would have ruined his life(ie Bill Buckner),well, not ruined but you know what I mean. Life can sure turn in a hurry.

To that dude from Utah that said BSU will never get big name blue chip players. I say BS. You can't tell me this is not huge. Reggie Bush was on the cover last year. Is the next Reggie Bush coming to Boise St? No. Is this huge exposure? Yes.

Almost done, there has been talk around here whether or not Zabransky will get drafted. I say no. I have seen him at the gym and no doubt the guy is a great athlete. But a great QB? I would have to say no. But after all, I know nothing about football.

HE IS THE REAL DEAL....NOT A HIGH DRAFT CHOICE, BUT HE WILL GET DRAFTED. HE HAD A SOLID GO OF IT A BSU, ONE PICK WOULD NOT DEFINE HIS CAREER.....I SAY THAT PICK WAS THE RECIEVERS FAULT. HOW EVER PAST GREAT QB's AT BSU HAVE NOT FAIRED WELL, THATS BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN THE WAC..... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU GO 14-0...YOU DONT PLAY THE BEST SCHOOLS EVERY WEEK. JUST THE FACTS----YD.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-07 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]Have you ever seen him play? He has had some BAD picks and BAD throws over the years.(Georgia 2005) 5 turnovers in the 1st half. He got benched in the Idaho game 2 years ago. There was some contraversy last season on who the starting QB was going to be. I hope he does get drafted, I just don't think he will. One way to find out would be to look at Mel Kippers draft. He is pretty sharp with that stuff.

Brett Favre: Southern Miss
Tony Romo: Eastern Illinois
Daunte Cullpepper: Central Florida
David Carr: Fresno State: Trent Dilfer Fresno State(WAC)
Jake Delhomme: LA Lafayette
Ben Roethisberger: Miami(OHIO)

I'm sure there are more but you get my point. You don't have to go a big time school to play QB in the NFL. Those are facts my friend.

I LIVE IN FRESNO, BSU IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAMS...I'VE WATCHED JB FOR TWO YEARS....YOU WONT TELL ME MUCH ABOUT HIM I DONT ALREADY KNOW. THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE EXCEPTIONS TO ANY RULE....YES I'VE SEEN ALL OF THE FRESNO QB's ....EVEN COACHED A COUPLE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. THE WAC COMPETITION IS SUB PAR (SEASON TICKETS). YOUR POINT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE, JUST THE FACTS -----YD.

And your point saying "Paula Abdul is hot"? Now THAT is common knowledge. Just the facts my friend.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-07 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p] DIDN'T TAKE YOU LONG TO RUN OUT OF GAS ON FOOTBALL TRIVIA, NOW DID IT. LOL, -- HAPPY HUNTING----YD.

Yukon-
You are right, one pick would not define his career. However he threw a pick on the final drive in the MPC Bowl against Boston College in 2006 to loose that game. Take that along with the total meltdown in the Georgia game(I have never before or since seen 1 guy single handedly loose a football game) and I don't think he would even be mentioned as a draft candidate if the hook and lateral didn't work to perfection. He certainly wouldn't be the cover boy for EA's 2008 NCAA Football Game.

I have been a BSU fan for a long time. I like many BSU fans have had a love-hate relationship with Z. He is just too sketchy. He has never been very accurate (he almost never hits his receivers in stride), and I always had a "something bad's about to happen" feeling when he dropped back to pass. I, like most BSU fans, don't think that Pete will have too much trouble filling his shoes. I did like his athleticism and speed, but there just isn't much more than that to the guy.

He does have pretty good stats, but I really don't think I would call him the "REAL DEAL". He is a decent college level QB who performed decently in BSU's offensive scheme, but he has a habit of making bad decisions and I don't think you will see him starting on Sundays. He may make the roster somewhere as a backup, but chances are in two years the only place you will hear of him playing will be in Europe or Canada.

Just curious Canoe? Did you grow up in Idaho? If so where did you play your High School Ball?

Chukar- Yea I grew up in Idaho. I went to Meridian High, but I didn't play football. At the time I had other priorities, which always seemed to keep me in trouble;-)

I watched him in the College all-star QB challenge thingy on TV and he didn't do too bad. Troy Smith didn't look all that impressive, even though he did win the long ball throw.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Roy,

Couldn't let that one go, Ryan Leaf was a hyped slug from the pac10 who had no work ethic. Jared is not a hyped QB by any stretch, he wasn't even recruited by the in state colleges in Oregon. He has worked hard to get where he is at, he may not be a NFL quality player in the end but the BSU games were fun to watch and it was great watching david beat goliath. Best bowl game of the year. Give him the credit due as being a good college quarterback no matter where he played

Rich

He is the real deal. He has had several people in his family who have been tremendous athletes college and pro level. Saw his mom at a fundraiser last night they are not sure what he is going to do yet. My guess is he will get drafted. He is suposed to come home for a while I guess.

Don't matter - the results will be the same, sit back and watch.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Regardless, the Boise Sate Team is a team that those of us in the intermountain west are proud of. And I'm from western Colorado, not Idaho. I identify with that team much more than the Boulder Muffaloes. A smallish town with a small budget that plays bigtime.

BeanMan

The thing that will get Zabranski into the NFL is his athleticism. I saw most of the games that Z has played in the last three years. And when he relaxed and didn't feel like he personally had to win every game, he was the best athlete on the field. He may not even play quarterback in the NFL, he may be a defensive back or receiver but he will get drafted. His numbers at the scouting combine got him noticed. And like him or not he is a winner. Professional quarterback coaching could also take his game to the next level. Anybody remember a risky draft pick by the Steelers in the 70's. They took a bumpkin from little Louisiana Tech who went on to win three super bowls.

Here is some info on Zabransky. Apparantly he ran the second fastest 40 time of all QB's at the combine. Had the highest vertical leap. Saw in the paper some scouts were looking to convert him to safety. My guess is he gets drafted. I agree that Z is somewhat inconsistant. I have defineatly seen him make some bigtime throws, though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom