Jason Carters most recent buck

YBO

Long Time Member
Anyone know what JCs most recent buck gross scores? Looks to be about 230" but was hoping someone can confirm so I can pick up my Ben Franklin bet. Thanks

I'm Guessin around 222"

4930jcbuck.jpg

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Thanks for posting. The bet is that it's closer to 230 (me) or 240 (drunk halfbreed neighbor). The neighbor is not DUDE. Love that right main beam.

>Thanks for posting. The bet is
>that it's closer to 230
>(me) or 240 (drunk halfbreed
>neighbor). The neighbor is not
>DUDE. Love that right main
>beam.

So?

YBO?

We Talkin MM B&C?

Or Just B&C?

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Elk. Well..I guess it's got to be anything but MM. See, I called him a halfbreed and I can't have him see these posts. He might jump the reservation.

>Elk. Well..I guess it's got to
>be anything but MM. See,
>I called him a halfbreed
>and I can't have him
>see these posts. He might
>jump the reservation.

When I First Read your Post/Thread YBO I was Hoping you were Dipping in to Dudes back Pocket!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I follow him on instagram and understand that he has a TV show as well, other than that I know nothing about him/his crew.

So far this year I've seen him post 2 bucks of a lifetime and one amazing bull elk. Not to mention all of the other incredible bucks from years past.

Honest question, are these all draw tags or are they buying them? How does he operate? It truly doesn't matter what the answer is, would just be interesting to have some background from those in the know.

>I follow him on instagram and
>understand that he has a
>TV show as well, other
>than that I know nothing
>about him/his crew.
>
>So far this year I've seen
>him post 2 bucks of
>a lifetime and one amazing
>bull elk. Not to
>mention all of the other
>incredible bucks from years past.
>
>
>Honest question, are these all draw
>tags or are they buying
>them? How does he
>operate? It truly doesn't
>matter what the answer is,
>would just be interesting to
>have some background from those
>in the know.

He is buying high $ tags in states that he can, New Mexico, Nevada, etc, but also drawing tags in states where tags must be drawn like Idaho for example. I am sure the Under Armour budget is substantial as he is their top hunting guy. He was doing it before Under Armour came along but will do it with much more regularity now because he has many more bottomless resources at his fingertips. I think he has around 18 200" bucks now.

I agree with the above, but just because you have tags in the top units doesn't mean you tag out on 200" deer as frequent as he does.

I think a lot of areas/tags he knows the area well, so he's going into a particular area where he knows a big one should be. Or might even know of a particular deer in the area because he passed him last year and he's looking for him in the current year.

Some areas/tags he spends up to 30 days on one particular deer. Probably an early season deer caught on trail camera from his efforts in the summer and he's spending time with the deer waiting for him to make a mistake.

And some areas/tags he's getting help from his team. They show up to an area, scatter out with spotters and bino's, and locate an animal to hunt.

Just my thoughts. From what I've gathered, he hunts hard regardless of the situation. I'd like to follow him around for a season and just take notes - he knows what he's doing.

I enjoy his show. I think it's one of the best. I saw one a while back where he archery hunted and then rifle hunted a particular buck in Nevada. Passed on several nice bucks along the way. If I remember correctly he said he put in over 50 days on that buck alone.

That's a PIG deer for sure.

Out of curiosity, how many guys here on MM think they would be able to find and kill the same caliber of bucks as Jason, if they had the time, resources and manpower that he does..??

Everyone always gives out advice that the more time you can spend scouting, the better. What if YOU had 50 days to hunt just one area/buck..?? And what if YOU had a few guys that could dedicate 5-10 days each to help with that..? If you and your team had literally 80-100 days of boot-on-the-ground time in the field to hunt... And you were in top units from several states, don't at least a few of you believe you could kill giant bucks successfully..??

I believe I could. :) :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I'm impressed. NOT 1 negative remark about Jason and his accomplishments. Congrats Jason!

>I'm impressed. NOT 1 negative remark
>about Jason and his accomplishments.
>Congrats Jason!

Hey YBO?

I didn't even LowBall Him!:D:D:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I too like his hunting show.

He is real modest/humble guy when ya chat with him.

Those bucks hanging in his office can make ya get dizzy.

Robb

what would be interesting is to see the exact dollar amount it cost for each one of those 200 inch bucks......

More than most hunters could spend, but this is america . money buys you better cars, better houses and better deer that's just how it is.

One thing I can say about Jason and his dad is I liked the Hunt'in Fool better when they had it. I thought it was commercialized then but now Vegas has nothing on it. talk about promoters.

In any event money just money alone doesn't buy bucks like that you have to be doing lots of things right.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>That's a PIG deer for sure.
>
>
>Out of curiosity, how many guys
>here on MM think they
>would be able to find
>and kill the same caliber
>of bucks as Jason, if
>they had the time, resources
>and manpower that he does..??
>
>
>Everyone always gives out advice that
>the more time you can
>spend scouting, the better. What
>if YOU had 50 days
>to hunt just one area/buck..??
>And what if YOU had
>a few guys that could
>dedicate 5-10 days each to
>help with that..? If you
>and your team had literally
>80-100 days of boot-on-the-ground time
>in the field to hunt...
>And you were in top
>units from several states, don't
>at least a few of
>you believe you could kill
>giant bucks successfully..??
>
>I believe I could. :) :)
>
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

I agree. Pretty reliable source tells me he has has many has 15-20 guys out scouting for him at times. Let's see him harvest these bucks by himself and see what the results would be.

> From what
>I've gathered, he hunts hard
>regardless of the situation.
>I'd like to follow him
>around for a season and
>just take notes - he
>knows what he's doing.

I was lucky enough to hunt with Jason's friend, Marvin James, before he passed away. Marvin and Jason hunted together for years and were good friends so I assume they have similar hunting styles.

I learned more from my few weeks hunting with Marvin than all my other hunts combined. Those guys work hard and flat know how to get it done.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-15 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]I have one 200" typical buck to my credit, which took a lifetime of hunting to obtain. He came from a limited entry unit in Colorado and I was very lucky to find him even with limited competition and later dates. I figure with all the years I bought points, plus the tag and cost of the hunt I still had at least 3K invested in that deer.

Yes, Trophy size animals are not cheap, unless you are extremely lucky and happen upon one in a general hunt.

I am happy for any hunter who puts in his dues, hunts hard, and collects a fine trophy. Jason definitely lives a charmed life, but I admire his style and the way he seems to conduct business.

I worked with him and attended Utah state with Jason, still talk with him from time to time. I can tell you this, we skipped school to do scouting runs, hiked to the top of the steepest mountains to shed hunt and scout. We walked miles from any roads in all the surrounding states. I've met few who match him for the physical output that is put in year round. That is a part of his formula, having the resources are nice too. Being flat out obsessed is another factor. He like most of us who figure out a measure of success in regards to finding game, can identify the geographic factors that go into "gamey" areas no matter the location. And lastly, he knows how important good optics are. I can spot game well enough myself and have spent hours behind the glass doing the above in the past with him. Just my two cents. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom