Javelina help (NM)

JH

Howdy all, me and a friend are going to be headin out in a couple of weeks to see if he can get one of these guys. Well we are thinking of going down by alma or glenwood, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, neither of us have ever hunted them before, and he is knida hoping to arrow one, but will be using the 243 if thats what it takes, thanks for the help.

I was just there for the 2nd rifle deer hunt. We hunted just west of Alma and I saw more javelina then I did deer. PM me and I will give you all the info that I have. I saw 3 different herds of them with at least 10 in each with close to 20 in the biggest. Even called them in to within 5 yds at one point. I could have knocked the one over the head with my rifle if I wanted to. It should be easy to get one with your bow.

I agree with AZbowhntr , you guys should find them , but what I learned about those little suckers is when its real cold , they stay burrowed up longer and they are not like deer and elk in the sense that you have to hunt them in early morning and late afternoon , they come out once the suns up and it gets warmer , and feed through out the day . Once you locate em , they are a blast to hunt . ....NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom