Javelina Help

D

Dodger

I know this a coues site, but I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I drew the 33/37B archery javelina tag. I was wondering if anyone hunted unit 33 during the rifle deer seasons and saw any pigs during that time? Or if anyone knows of any areas worth taking a look at during my scouting trips. I'm not looking for anyones honey holes, trust me I've had it happen to me after taking a "buddy" to a spot deer hunting and then pulling in the next year to find him camped in the same exact spot with 3 other guys.
Thanks
Matt

Call Duwane Adams...he has a map service for a minimal fee...he knows 33 like the back of his hand. His number is 520-385-4995.
He'll point oyu in the right direction...he's a great guy and full of info. Definately worht the call and a few bucks...

Scott G...

Matt: I am in the same boat as you, I have the 33 HAM hunt and need to just get down there and start looking. Almost any good canyon with prickly pear hillsides, cover and water close should hold pigs, just get there and glass some up, or holler at Duwane like PW said...... Allen......

Hogs are literally everywhere in those units. In 37b hunt the area along the San Pedro between San Manuel and Kearny. In 33 there are tons of hogs everywhere you go. You can pretty much just pull over on any of the roads in that unit and within a mile in any direction as long as there is water around you can be into hogs. The backside along the Reddington road is popular. There were lots of pigs there during deer season on both sides of the road.

Bret M.

Hey Allen, I got a HAM tag for unit 33 as well. We were hunting cues there a few months ago nd saw one large pig. The others in our party saw quite a few more. Good luck to you. I got a new Ruger super blackhawk in .41 mag I want to try. :O)

Thanks for the information guys. This is my second go around with this hunt. I hunted a good 10 days last year and only located 1 herd (of course I missed, but that's another story!) My brother shot one in there last year, but that area burned in the Bullock fire. I seem to find a lot of pig sign so I must be the right areas just not at the right times to see the pigs, just a lot of deer. Allen, I'll let you know if I see anything during my scouting trips and my hunt.
Thanks again
Matt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom