Javelina Tag Price!

hunt1

Anybody else think it's absurd to charge $68 for a javelina tag? Yet deer and antelope are cheaper! Should be the other way around.

I guess all that money is going to "javelina management objectives"...hahahaha.

I used to hunt stink pigs when I lived in AZ. Stopped putting in for tags when the price jumped from 13 to 23 bucks. yea, they're fun to chase with a bow, but there's no way I'd pay 68 bucks.

I love hunting javies. It's a 4-5 hour drive from where I live. With the cost of gas and hotel, the $68 is a drop in the bucket. It's better than sitting at home in February.

finally I ll be able to chase Javie! any point for statewide piggy hunt?? last time I killed in 2000 (I think)
5211vince_3.jpg

vinihunt

Fortunately I will be chasing deer Jan 1-15 then Barbary sheep Feb - March 15, so no need to take a HOUR to go stick a stink pig here in SE NM.

I have to assume that G&F is trying to eliminate them considering the number of tags available despite the fact that people just aren't interested in paying that much for a tag (i.e. all the leftovers).

Don't get me wrong, I would hunt them if I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off.

the way i see it is the game and fish wised up to people puttin in for javelina just so they have something to hunt. figured they can charge whatever and suckers like me will pay it just so i can fling an arrow at something.

$68 bucks is crazy, but I guess it's worth it to hunt. At least it is to me. It's hard to put a price tag on hunting, I just love being out there.

Gives me something to do after my bigger game hunts and before shed hunting!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom