Javelina!!!!!!

OldJake

I put my boys and I in for Javelina last year and we drew. So far during my research it looks as though it will be a tough hunt. Everyone that I have talked to says we drew the worst tag! It was JAV-1-100 and runs from 1/15 thru 3/31 '08. Everyone has said the Burro Mtns are the best but this is off of our units. Our units are north of there and include: 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34.

Does anyone have any info that they are willing to share on where any good concentrations are? I'm starting to get desparate at this point. I have even considered not making the trip. My 9 and 12 year old boys aren't liking the sound of that! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

if u guys have time...try go unit 30..just before enter White city pass carlsbad..we went carlsbad last summer to visit the family and carlsbad caverns,

we saw a herds runnin across there on highway 180..my uncles and cousins hunt deer alot there and they once in while ran in herd in RATTLESNAKE SPRING I think it is the name or SandPipe road something like that and I think can hunt around National Park boundaries..

some I know of got few in unit 15 but not know where...I saw some herds in unit 16 when deer/elk hunting..it is scatterin and lucky to run them sometime!

GOOD LUCK
vinihunt

Thanks guys, I'm looking at going about the 10th of Feb or first of march.

I have another question. How cold is it going to be in that area? Will we be OK with the outfitter tent w/ stove, or do I need to bring a camp trailer? I only ask this becuase it has been as cold as the blazes here at home the last little while!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-08 AT 11:42PM (MST)[p]i live in unit 30 and there are quite a few around here so when you get ready to go let me know and if i am not sheep hunting i might be able to show you and the weather here is been fair 50s in the days 20-30 at night i see alot when i am hunting predators my email adress is [email protected]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-08 AT 00:47AM (MST)[p]snakebite- You wouldnt be related to Cassie would you?

I have seen them in 15, 20 and 21. I had what might have been the first live sighting in Unit 20 back in 1998. We found a few dead piglets in a water cistern and then 2 or 3 live ones in the bottom of a canyon. The game warden said that he had never heard of a sighting in that unit before.

A few years later I was just about run over by one while hunting ducks on the Rio Grande between the Butte and Caballo.

I just wanted to thank you guys that anwsered and offered help for our hunt. I really appreciated all the help and advice you had to give us. As it went, I decided not to go on the hunt. My boys were upset at me, but hopefully they will get over it (I think they already have). Anyway, thanks for your help, there is a fine bunch of people here at the NM forum.

Thanks again,

Old Jake

I drew that hunt, went out a few times, and did not see any. I even went to where I had seen them before, but it was over run with cattle. No sign what so ever. A great spot for deer also, on national forest land, with at least a few hundred cattle on it. What a shame in my books.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom