Jimmy Carter

larrbo

Very Active Member
Now Jimmy Carter is saying "McCain is Milking his POW experience". I would think that 6 years as a POW would have a huge effect on the person you are.

Jimmy not only was the worst president of the 20th century but the worst expresident of all time. He just needs to go away.

>Jimmy not only was the worst
>president of the 20th century
>but the worst expresident of
>all time. He just
>needs to go away.

He needs to go back to LA LA LAND where he came from. He makes me sick.

That type of statement would be expected from such a spinless backbone carter who Iran held as much a hostage as they did our embassy staff.

RELH

none of you right wing fruitcakes would make a pimple on Jimmy Carters ###, don't you guys have anything else to do but try to out ditto each other? talk about pathetic

The only thing Jimmy Carter is milking is relevance.

At least John McCain has something to milk. What can Obama milk? His stint as a "community organizer" in Chicago? His Senate victory in 2004 by running virtually unopposed? His spectacular 143 days in the Senate before believing he is experienced enough to run for the most powerful position in the world? His renaming of a post office? His relationship with people like Ayers, Rezko and Wright? His flip flopping? His talk of change when the only thing that Obama seems to change is his mind when it is politically convenient?

They should have included a picture of Carter crying after he lost the 1980 election with the story.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-08 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]Piper,

Jimmy Carter wouldn't make a pimple on GWB's a$$ is how bad of a president he was. He has been a far worse past President then any president in History. His writings and people he defends are all anti American.

Have you read his Book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid"? He ignores history and basically says Israel has no right to defend herself, to exist even in it's current form.

To defend Carter is to defend the era of the U.S. being a pansy nation of whiners and complainers. Did you forget the Iranian Hostage crisis on his watch and the burned remains of our soldiers being picked at by Iranians at Desert One? Runaway inflation or more accurately stagflation?

The guy was a failure as President and therefore a single termer.

Nemont

Piper I am sorry but somebody has got to say it. You are a friggin idiot.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

The reason Piper would make that statement about Carter is that he also is made of the same stuff that Carter was. Jelly for a backbone, and peanuts for his brains. And I am not sorry about saying it!!!

RELH

>none of you right wing fruitcakes
>would make a pimple on
>Jimmy Carters ###, don't
>you guys have anything else
>to do but try to
>out ditto each other? talk
>about pathetic

You are a flipipn Clown Piper!!! I'm betting just about anyone on this website would have done better than Carter!!!

He was the biggest idiot of a president of all time.

Don't forget the prime interest rate went to 22% under Carter. We borrowed at 2% over prime on current 30 day accounts to keep from going bankrupt in our business. What a peach he was for all.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-08 AT 03:23AM (MST)[p]During the Carter days were some of the darkest days in my life.

As a kid growing up I only saw my dad after six pm during the week and after noon on Sat because he was working so much and building his construction company. Then came Carter and we lost everything. Our home, salvation army clothes, powderd milk and canned food from the local food pantry. Thank god my dad had some grit pulled threw and by 1990 he had over 150 employees.
Every time I hear his name or see his face I remember the pain I felt.

And the Libs try to make him a hero???? For what, shattering the American dream to be successfull financialy with out the help of big goverment.

give me a break, darkest days of our lives, what a soap opera, I have heard the same thing from people about the 1980s during Ron Reagans rule, we lost it all, typical right wingers allways blaming someone else for your troubles, thats what I hear right now, they made me buy that big house and now I can't afford it the interst rate went up, Newmont- just when I was thinking you were one of the few on this forum that weren't a few grains short of a full load, here comes " we became a nation of whiners and complainers" I don't know about you but I allways thought that we were a nation of individuals, I don't idolize the president so much that it affects the way I think and act, do you? All people have good and bad, presidents are the same Carter was enough of a man that he didn't throw problems on the next generation, fed chief Paul Volcker pushed to raise interest rates up to kill inflation, so things could be better in the future, Im not saying it was right or wrong, Carter was worried about the debt hitting 1 trillion, Reagan, or George W could care less, It 9.4 trillion now, This is a hunting site, Carter was a hunter, and fisherman, I remember when he floated down the middle fork of the salmon, because he loved the adventure, he was a driving force behind saving much of our wilderness including the Alaska lands act. In the future when people visit awesome places like the Wrangell mnts in Alaska he will be remembered for caring about those with real spirits and souls, not just fat wallets and selfish attitudes, I remember when Ronald Reagan said those people that passed the Wilderness act back in the 60s were not bad people " they just thought we were going to run out of wild country, but now that the population in the US has stablized at 200 million people or so, we really didn't need the wilderness law" now there is a guy that looked to the future, on his California ranch, he said they don't kill anything, you think he was a hunter and an outdoorsman because he wore a cowboy hat? and 202- before you call anyone an idiot, why don't you remind us about your belief, you know the one about privatizing the public lands some of these guys are new and they need to know the beliefs of a true member of the far right like yourself

piper, we lost our Doublewide mobile home (not a big fancy house) and were homeless. Thats pretty dark for an 8 yr old kid as far as I go. My dad made a big mistake he shouldn't have gotten so leveraged out but he was young and inexperienced. As did alot of people durng that time.

So Piper supports Carter because he was a hunter and fisherman. I wonder if he will apply this same devotion to Palin who is a hunter and fisherman.
Somehow I think he is just blowing smoke again and speaking with a forked tongue like his mentor. Piper if this is all you got to bring forward, you are in a world of crap with your heros.

RELH

actually Palin sounds pretty good, although her comment singleing out Alaskans as using Alaskan recources causes a little concern, Ill have to see whats she meant,I don't really have a hero mentality, but some of you guys seem like your hero is the pill popin Rush Limbaugh and he really gets annoying,kind of like listening to school girls giggle

I have heard the same thing from people
>about the 1980s during Ron
>Reagans rule, we lost it
>all,.

We lost every thing just after Reagan was elected FYI. As far as the other people losing it all during Reagans time was just the after shocks of Carter. Reagan couldn't fix all of Carters problems in 8 yrs as what Carter ruined in 4 yrs.

Piper,

I think that Carter's legacy is all but destroyed by the way he has conducted himself since leaving office. I didn't use the thing about interest rates because in order to tamp down inflation they had to rise.

I don't idolize presidents, even Reagan or GWB. I do look at what happened to the country after their terms. I find very little to like about Carter and what he did. He is a pain in the @ss in the Middle East and is not a relevant force for anything at this time.

You can like whom ever you wish but the truth is that Carter mishandled the Iran Hostage Crisis so badly that it destroyed all the "good" he did during his time in office.

Nemont

i hated jimmy carter back when he got elected and it has steadily gotten worse tell the sight of him makes me ashamed of his existence. you guy just think the economy is bad now back then we didn't think the interest rate would ever drop below 10% and it was much higher then that. then a electrician made 12 pr hour and gas was $1.70 a gal. but interest at 18% it was worse then now. double digit unemployment, a country that was a puss, nobody was proud to be a American.
still to this day i wish we could unelect him and erase his history.
he was and still is a black eye to the USA

Carter really was a turd. He just edges out GWB as the worst President in US History. Strange how guys like Carter/Bush ever get elected?? You would think we would have learned by now. Shame on US!

Yep GWB was soooooooo terrible that he got elected not once but twice. Yea just horrible and the American public is nothing but a bunch of blithering idiots................what a tool

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

Don't take my word for it. See why Historians rate G.W. as a Failure:

Presided over the loss of approximately three million American jobs in his first two-and-a-half years in office, the worst record since Herbert Hoover.
Overseen an economy in which the stock market suffered its worst decline in the first two years of any administration since Hoover?s.

Taken, in the wake of the terrorist attacks two years ago, the greatest worldwide outpouring of goodwill the United States has enjoyed at least since World War II and squandered it by insisting on pursuing a foolish go-it-almost-alone invasion of Iraq, thereby transforming almost universal support for the United States into worldwide condemnation. (One historian made this point particularly well: ?After inadvertently gaining the sympathies of the world 's citizens when terrorists attacked New York and Washington, Bush has deliberately turned the country into the most hated in the world by a policy of breaking all major international agreements, declaring it our right to invade any country that we wish, proving that he'll manipulate facts to justify anything he wishes to do, and bull-headedly charging into a quagmire.?)
Misled (to use the most charitable word and interpretation) the American public about weapons of mass destruction and supposed ties to Al Qaeda in Iraq and so into a war that has plainly (and entirely predictably) made us less secure, caused a boom in the recruitment of terrorists, is killing American military personnel needlessly, and is threatening to suck up all our available military forces and be a bottomless pit for the money of American taxpayers for years to come.
Failed to follow through in Afghanistan, where the Taliban and Al Qaeda are regrouping, once more increasing the threat to our people.
Insulted and ridiculed other nations and international organizations and now has to go, hat in hand, to those nations and organizations begging for their assistance.
Completely miscalculated or failed to plan for the personnel and monetary needs in Iraq after the war, so that he sought and obtained an $87 billion appropriation for Iraq, a sizable chunk of which is going, without competitive bidding to Haliburton, the company formerly headed by his vice president.
Inherited an annual federal budget surplus of $230 billion and transformed it into a $500+ billion deficit in less than three years. This negative turnaround of three-quarters of a trillion dollars is totally without precedent in our history. The ballooning deficit for fiscal 2004 is rapidly approaching twice the dollar size of the previous record deficit, $290 billion, set in 1992, the last year of the administration of President Bush?s father and, at almost 5 percent of GDP, is closing in on the percentage record set by Ronald Reagan in 1986.
Cut taxes three times, sharply reducing the burden on the rich, reclassified money obtained through stock ownership as more deserving than money earned through work. The idea that dividend income should not be taxed?what might accurately be termed the unearned income tax credit?can be stated succinctly: ?If you had to work for your money, we'll tax it; if you didn't have to work for it, you can keep it all.?
Severely curtailed the very American freedoms that our military people are supposed to be fighting to defend. (?The Patriot Act,? one of the historians noted, ?is the worst since the Alien and Sedition Acts under John Adams.?)
Called upon American armed service people, including Reserve forces, to sacrifice for ever-lengthening tours of duty in a hostile and dangerous environment while he rewards the rich at home with lower taxes and legislative giveaways and gives lucrative no-bid contracts to American corporations linked with the administration.
Given an opportunity to begin to change the consumption-oriented values of the nation after September 11, 2001, when people were prepared to make a sacrifice for the common good, called instead of Americans to ?sacrifice? by going out and buying things.
Proclaimed himself to be a conservative while maintaining that big government should be able to run roughshod over the Bill of Rights, and that the government must have all sorts of secrets from the people, but the people can be allowed no privacy from the government. (As one of the historians said, ?this is not a conservative administration; it is a reckless and arrogant one, beholden to a mix of right-wing ideologues, neo-con fanatics, and social Darwinian elitists

http://hnn.us/articles/5019.html

Hate to mention it but Bill Clinton stood up and took full credit for opening up the China market for his buddy Sam Walton and that is where most of our middle class manufacturing jobs went. He also opened the NAFTA deal up further but Bush has helped that one out as well. 65% of our manufactured goods come from China and the rest from Mexico.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom