Job offer in Arizona... Possible...

330-Trapper

330-Trapper
My Wife might have a job offer in Arizona and we know nothing about the State except that I think it might kill a Minnesota native ...

Are the Summers horrible or managable... What is the Hunting/ fishing availability... it's hard to make sense of the AG&Fish website to know if Game animals are over the Counter or all Draw ???

What kind of Hunting and fishing is available to Residents???

Any advice would help?

330 Trapper
The summers are manageable. Just like a bad winter somewhere else in the country, we just stay out of the weather, inside the house, in the car, etc.

Fishing is fair, this depends on which part of the state you might be going to. Lots of great smallmouth bass fishing and some good trout. Lots of stock trout fishing. Fishing at lakes just outside of the phx area sometimes is awesome.

Archery deer is over the counter state wide, for 2 and 1/2 months open a year, for most areas. Quality places like the bab are open 2 weeks I believe. All rifle deer is draw, except for a few leftover draw tags. And those are very hard to get, in a not so great area.

Elk, what can I say, best in the world in my opinion. Huge bulls everywhere and we don't have to climb 12,000 ft peaks like other states. The only issue here is waiting every 5 years for the tag.

Sheep-you will put in forever and not draw

Antelope-you will get a tag every 10-15 years if your lucky.(considering your wanting the best hunt) But you can get an archery hunt pretty easily.

I think Arizona really puts the residents in an advantage over the non-residents. The draw odds are fair for residents and rediculous for non-residents. Just the way I like it. Arizona is nice because its a very diverse state. You go from the hot desert floor of phx and in a hour and fifteen, you can be in Payson or Prescott is some bearable weather. Elk are literally everywhere, I love it! Sorry for the rambling.

The first summer is tough but when you make it through that you will love it. About the time that it will be below 0 in Minnesota it will be 60 - 70 here. I lived in Iowa for my first 23 years and have been here for over 30.
The deer hunting is different than what you are used to in Minnesota but there is a lot of forest or BLM land to hunt. So the private land problem that I am sure that you faced does not happen that much here. Elk hunting is great when you can get drawn. Bass fishing can be good at times.
There are sure a lot of Minnesota people out here. I work with three in my job and have met a bunch of midwest people.
I hope you move here. We need good people here.

What part of the state? I assume Phoenix or Tucson. I like Tucson and Phoenix is the 6th (I think) largest city in the US....which means that it is a cesspool, IMO. But, overall it is a nice state w/good laws.

IN CO, if you don;t want cattle on your property you have to fence them out, but a hunter is supposed to know where your property starts. In AZ, the property has to be marked.

The desert can be very pretty and the mountains are real nice too.

BTW, the time for you to move there is in October, not August.

"Fall has fell,
Spring has sprung,
here comes 6 months of pure hell.

It almost got to a 100 once, then the sun came back up..."

I used to be able to tell the dif between 100, 110, 115 and 120. Now, I live in CO and melt at 90. But, now I'm so stupid (tetched in the head) as to think that 30 degrees, when the sun is shining, w/no wind is plenty warm in just a long-sleave shirt.

AZ is a good fishing, boating and hunting state...not that you can find any ice-fishing...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07 AT 04:40 PM (MST)

Tucson is the armpit of America. Unless you are Hispanic it sucks.
Phoenix is Los Angeles, minus the beach.
Flagstaff, although a lot nicer than either of the other two dumps, is hippy heaven and tree hugger central. Great weather, great scenery, high cost of living and fruit cakes galore.

Moved out of AZ 10 years ago because the fruits and nuts from the west coast were moving in. And don't believe the BS about getting used to 100 degrees for days on end, starting in April and ending in October. It blows.

AZ is a nice place. The first poster had it pretty much pegged. The summers here are about like the winters there...stay inside and you are fine. This will be my 3rd summer here and it is always hard to adjust to the summer for the first couple of months you do get used to it. I live in the Phoenix area. There is some good fishing andsome good hunting but it is different...very wide open. I have grown to like it. If you know where and when to go there are even quite a few ducks in this state...not many geese though.

If you do take the job look me up and I will help get you started in the right directions for fishing and hunting.

Good luck,
Spencer

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07
>AT 04:41?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07
>AT 04:40 PM (MST)

>
>Tucson is the armpit of America.
>Unless you are Hispanic it
>sucks.
>Phoenix is Los Angeles, minus the
>beach.
>Flagstaff, although a lot nicer than
>either of the other two
>dumps, is hippy heaven and
>tree hugger central. Great weather,
>great scenery, high cost of
>living and fruit cakes galore.
>
>
>Moved out of AZ 10 years
>ago because the fruits and
>nuts from the west coast
>were moving in. And don't
>believe the BS about getting
>used to 100 degrees for
>days on end, starting in
>April and ending in October.
>It blows.

Disregard this knucklehead. If you are really thinking about moving to Arizona and you're an avid outdoorsman... you'll love it! The fishing is incredible! Do you like bass, crappie, stripers, walleye, trout, catfish, etc? From the Phoenix Metro area, there are several lakes to choose from that are an hour or less drive away. If you know anything about hunting, you'll know that Arizona has amazing Elk hunting. So what if it takes a bunch of years to get a bull tag. I am only interested in filling my freezer and it's not that difficult to get a cow tag and there's tons of cow elk out here! We have Mule deer and Coues White Tail deer, Javelina, Turkey and many other game species to hunt out here! If you're a waterfouler, or a migratory game bird hunter, you'll have a great time too!

The heat can be a bear to deal with if you have never dealt with this kind of heat before, but you'll get used to it, we all did! Just make sure your car has A/C and everything will be alright!

Contrary to popular belief... Arizona is not a sweltering hole of hellfire and brimstone! Don't tell anybody, but there are beautiful mountains and tall Ponderosa Pines in the hills!

I love this state and welcome all outdoorsman. I'm pleased to roll out the welcome mat to anyone that loves and respects our way of life!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy our state! Just PM if you have any questions.

Transferred here 8 years ago and will retire in five , my bags are packed and I will be gone the day after that. I cant complain about the hunting , i always draw a tag for whitetail, usually in 34a or 36c, Have drew a bull tag in 04 and have drawn another one this year for unit 6b ,plus an antelope tag for unit1 have three javalina under my belt in four years. The fishing is good but the fish are relatively small. A lot of the lakes have a no consumption rule on the fish in them.

I know people on here will tell me go home good bye, I,m not trying to knock the state it has so many good things going for it yo can over look the bad things , but if you like it there at all it will be real hard on you here.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-07 AT 07:22PM (MST)[p]>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07
>>AT 04:41 PM (MST)

>>
>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-07
>>AT 04:40 PM (MST)

>>
>>Tucson is the armpit of America.
>>Unless you are Hispanic it
>>sucks.
>>Phoenix is Los Angeles, minus the
>>beach.
>>Flagstaff, although a lot nicer than
>>either of the other two
>>dumps, is hippy heaven and
>>tree hugger central. Great weather,
>>great scenery, high cost of
>>living and fruit cakes galore.
>>
>>
>>Moved out of AZ 10 years
>>ago because the fruits and
>>nuts from the west coast
>>were moving in. And don't
>>believe the BS about getting
>>used to 100 degrees for
>>days on end, starting in
>>April and ending in October.
>>It blows.
>
>Disregard this knucklehead. If you
>are really thinking about moving
>to Arizona and you're an
>avid outdoorsman... you'll love it!

TELL ME ONE THING THAT I SAID THAT IS NOT TRUE.

---

Yeah, the fishing is great if you like being a-hole to elbow with every sweaty bastage in the state.

The hunting elk and deer is great too, if you are lucky, every 6-8 years you will get to experience it.

I promise you, Phoenix now has the worst traffic west of the Mississippi. Bar none, including LA. I know, I'm in both cities a minimum of once per fiscal quarter.

Just watched the news. 108 in PHX today and it isn't even summer yet. 110+ over the next 5 days. Nice!

Oh, and don't forget AZ has the highest car insurance rates in the nation, thanks to all the wets and their non-insured driving and car thieving ways.

Have a nice life.

Well it all depends on your perspective, doesn't it Moneyman... Once per quarter? Guess that makes you an authority on the traffic here, huh? Likely depends on where you're driving to & from in the valley on your quarterly business trips, don't you think?

Your opinion of Tucson? Me thinks that's a case of not being able to see the forest through the trees. I'm not hispanic, and I think it's kind of a nice town. ;-)

Flagstaff? Again, I think you're really painting a broad stroke here. I personally know several avid outdoorsman who live there. I guess they just tend to ignore the hippies and live & let live...

S.

:)

PS: Keep an eye out for the tornados in OK! :7 :7 :7

HAHA! Look at the weather channel. It's a dry 116 degrees on the 4th of July in Phoenix! You can have that s**t!

I agree with you Moneyman 100%.. I've been here over 4 years now and I am fighting tooth and nail to get the hell out as we speak.. I had no choice on whether or not I wanted to come to Az.. My job said take it or leave it. So here I am. I say living here is OK at best.. Its way too hot for way too many months of the year(supposed to be 114 today here in Tucson), it never rains (I pray for cloudy days), and there is NO water here in southern Az.. it can become really boring for the vast part of the year.. lots of inside time in the summer. Northern Az is better (Prescott is nice, and so is Greer and Alpine), but if you are talking about southern Az, there you have it.. hot and pretty damned boring. The mountains are really nice to have for the 3 months you can handle hiking in them down here as well. The rest of the time, its just too hot.

If you have the Midas touch, and can draw good tags every year, then I say bring it on!! But with the draw odds the way they are, and with the pop. in Az getting bigger everyday, your hunting opportunities are dwindling by the day.. I prefer to get a chance to hunt at least one species every year.. not once every 10 to 15. That's why I put in for other states, and continue to hunt back home in TX every chance I get. I've drawn a coues tag here 3 outta the 4 years, but they were in units with almost 100% draw odds.. and it was a$$holes to elbows on all of the them. I literally gave up early last year because I couldn't take seeing another hunter anywhere I looked thru my binos for 4 solid days.. it sucked.
I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm just telling you my expirences since moving here.. Like I said, its OK at best.. It was an expirence for myself and my wife, but we're moving on and getting the hell outta here.. I'll visit when I get my elk tag, 'lope tag, and sheep tag once every 10 years or so..

The only thing I really do enjoy about living here in Az is my Mearns quail hunting with my dogs.. Only cuz its the only hunt where I have the possibility of not seeing anyone else all day!!
If you make down here, I got a house I'll sell to ya here in Tucson.. Cuz I'm MT bound ASAP!!

Born and raise in the Phoenix area and I used to say that you never get used to the heat, you just learn to tolerate it. Now that I am more seasoned, so to speak, I have come to the conclusion that its really not all that bad considering. Basically Memorial Day through Labor Day is the the worst of the heat. Some years worse than others. June is the dryest month of the year and the last two weeks of June are generally the hottest.

Today and the past two weeks or so have been brutal. Its been several years since we have had back to back to back to back .... 110+ degree days so I guess we were due. When September comes around your mind says it should be cooling down, but it doesn't. The evenings do start to get comfortable in September and that stays until mid June.

Average rain fall is around seven (7) inches a year in Phoenix, but that is misleading. Summer afternoon thunderstorms drop an inch or two inside of an hour and then nothing for months. The rainiest months tend to be Oct - Jan when we get the storms off the California coast. Seems we get rain during the last week of October which is when deer season opens and the last week of January when the Phoenix Open golf tournament is here.

The summer storms generally build during the day south in Mexico and work their way up through Tucson and into Phoenix in late afternoon and evening. These storms can be distructive with high winds and blowing dust. Most of them are all blow and no go (no rain), but when the rain comes it comes in buckets.

So much for weather. In my opinion, drawing a deer tag in AZ has continued to get worse the past ten years or so. Used to get a deer tag most every year, but in the past ten I have received only three and I do not apply for primo areas. The last tag I drew (in '05) was in my favorite area and it is so hard to get to that no one used to make the effort. Opening day '05 was a sea of hunters on quads and a rooky game ranger stopping everyone he could contact to check tags and licenses. Oh, and there were no deer to be seen, imagine that. I did not hear a single shot on Friday or Saturday. (seasons always open on Friday) We hunted the same area for five days in '01 (my previous tag)and only saw one other camp and never saw the hunter. We could pass up small bucks because we always saw deer. Not any more!! If we are drawn this year, we are not going to hunt until mid week when all the crowd has left.

AZ elk tags are few and far between so I started hunting Colorado three years ago. I know I am going to get a tag every year and even though the cost is much higher, just knowing I will be hunting is worth the effort of saving it each year.

Used to fish for Bass at Lake Pleasant and Bartlet Lake (within an hour of Phoenix) , but gave that up years ago when I got hooked on Tuna fishing out of San Diego. Once you pull on a 100+ pound tuna, bass just don't seem to get it for me.

Great segway into other places within reach of the Phoenix / Tucson / Flagstaff areas. San Diego (Zoo, Sea World, Sea Port Village, Ocean Sportfishing and great year round weather), Los Angeles (Disneyland, Magic Mountain, some beaches and to a lesser extent than San Diego, sportfishing), Las Vegas (Adult Disnyland) Colorado, Utah, New Mexico (additional hunting opportunities), the Grand Canyon and lets not forget Mexico resorts such as Rocky Point and Cabo.

Bottom line is every place has its good and bad including where you live now. Its all in what you want out of life and what your definition of quality of life is. I have tried to move to the Denver area several times during my life because I think it would be a good change for me, but my roots are too deep and my job is too good where I am. I also must think about my familiy and what is best for them.

If you let your wife take the job and you move to AZ, there will be a culture shock no matter what. If you end up not liking Arizona, you can always head back to what you know and are comfortable with. All you have lost is a bit of money and a bit of time. If, like some people, you like the lifestyle change you made a great decision.

One other thing to note here is that Phoenix and Tucson are melting pots of people from all over the US. A lot of people from back east winter here for the great weather. (Snowbirds) Many people from California move here to escape the California earthquakes. Right after the last big quake, I-10 was a sea of U-Haul trucks leaving California headed east. Because the Cubs play spring ball here, we have been refered to as Chicago's sister city and many people have moved here from Chicago. Our sports teams are so bad that most of the people in the stands wear the visiting teams jersey's. The D'backs just played a series with Boston and the fans in the stands were about equil D'back and Red Sox fans.

Best I can give you for now. I like the location, have learned to tolerate the summers and have learned to hunt and fish in near by areas. I still accumulate my points in AZ though and will draw a quality bull elk tag in the next few years.

Similar to one of the other posts you received on this, if you make it to AZ and want information on hunting, drop a line and I will be happy to assist.

My long winded .02 cents.
264X300

born and raised here 1967-2007. I will say it is worse than ever. the orads are packed with so many people it is bad. the "open" spaced are gone in order to build more homes for people like you who move here. nothing personal but stay there ! southern arizona is losing like 15 acres of land a week to developements. I moved out in the sticks I thought 10 years ago. there will be a safeway built within 1 mile in the next 1.5 years. nice ! in marana it was 115 on the 4th, 113 today. you don't get used to anything. it is getting HOTTER each year. it was not over 110 for days at a time when I was a kid. 70's-80's even into the 90's. it is getting hotter. lake levels rely on water- az has none. unless it snows in the winter, and rains like hell all summer lake levels are at all time lows. you will not draw an antelope tag for 15 years easy, deer depending on unit 2-12 years, elk is 50/50 if you want to hunt you apply for cow tags, if your a trophy hunter you will wait 5+ years. arizona has the WORST illegal immigration problem out of all the border states. they are everywhere-
"I SEE ILLEGAL PEOPLE"
it is your choice. but I do not want to be here. I will be leaving to go someplace north/east within 4 years when the boys in college my hot arse is out of here. don't let these travel agents suck you into thinking all is well. it is hot, it is expensive, less animals than all other western states. the costs are higher- gas/ins/utilities- your a/c is going to cost you.
stay home !

Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Think twice about coming. It's beautiful in some regards and horrible in others. I've lived here for 50 years and she ain't what she used to be by a long shot. The hunting is only fair today by comparison to what it used to be. When you feel your feet getting cold you'll know hell is freezing over and you may have a chance at a tag. The draw is like playing the lottery and the odds aren't good but if you draw a tag you will most likely have a good hunt if you pick the right area. The only thing that's on the upswing here is the mall shopping, more mall shopping, land development, population growth, traffic delays, cars overheating, restaurant chains, WALMART, taxes, insurance premiums, unemployment, and illegal immigration. It is in fact getting hotter and much more crowded in the big cities. I used to love AZ now I find myself thinking more about how much I'd love to get away. Big money ruined her and greed will be her demise. She's only a withered up old woman now with her good years far behind her. It used to be a wonderful place but I'm afraid that's all in the past.

Looks like I'm not the only "knucklehead" that wanted or wants out of AZ.

That place sucks balls.

>TELL ME ONE THING THAT I
>SAID THAT IS NOT TRUE.

Only one?

For starters, Arizona is not the most expensive state to insure your vehicles... New Jersey is.

You can get an elk tag almost every year if you choose to hunt for cows instead of bulls.

You can also get an archery deer tag over the counter every year without the hassle of the draw!

You don't have to be next to "every sweaty bastage in the state" if you enjoy fishing. If you own a boat, you can fish any of our wonderful lakes without hassle. Also, during the summer months when it's quite hot, there are lots of lakes in the mountains where you can stay cool and enjoy some great trout or pike fishing!

What cracks me up are the people that beotch about our great state and carry on about how the state that they lived in before Arizona is sooo much better! What's even funnier is that these folks never leave!

>What cracks me up are the
>people that beotch about our
>great state and carry on
>about how the state that
>they lived in before Arizona
>is sooo much better!
>What's even funnier is that
>these folks never leave!

Unfortunately, you are wrong as well..
I am in the process of getting the hell outta here as we speak.. I am leaving this God forsaken place and will only return in those decade incriments to hunt my bull elk, antelope, and desert sheep as the tags become available to me over the course of however many years it takes to draw them.. In the meantime, I'll be living in greener pastures up in MT..
Screw this place.. you can have it.. along with all your sweaty bastage buddies.. Its yours.

Sorry you feel that way, Scottyboy! You know what they say about the heat... If you can't stand it.....

Honestly, I really love my state and the hunting and fishing opportunities it allows me and others! Living here year 'round isn't for everybody, but you have to sweat a bit to reap the rewards!

There are a lot of other websites in AZ that will welcome you and anyone else if you are truely interested in what this great state has to offer. Just PM me and I'll fill you in.

Just a side not to all that are leaving.... please bring at least one Californian with you as you go! LOL!

I agree with what most of the others said. Arizona is a beautiful place, despite the population explosion, crime, expense, and the hordes of Illegal aliens and the intensity of the summer weather, there are still great places to be.
I have got to the point where I absolutely hate the summers here in the greater Tucson area,I have been here since 1973 and the older I get the harder it is for me to take the heat. My wife and I are seriously considering moving to the Show Low/pinetop area. Nice summers and colder winters versus hellish summers and nice winters???? As far as hunting it certainly is not going to be what it once was as far as opportunity. Elk herds are growing deer herds are dwindling and quality permits are hard to get unless you have luck on your side, but we all have to just smile and deal with it, or head to greener pastures. Just my two coins worth. best of luck in whatever you choose.

Will All the Wiiiiners who Hate Az PLEASE leave so my draw odds get better. Lived in colorado for a year the northeast for a few. Would rather be by my pool with a cool one, soakin in the rays. One eyed willy also likes the hot weather, doesn't miss those cold days one bit!!! I also love looking at bikinis 6 months out of the year.

well I am a native, born and raised here in tucson for 40 years now. it is getting hotter every year. there is less water, it alost never rains anymore even in the "monsoon" desert MULE DEER are beyond dwindling, and you can not draw antelope or bull elk tags, even deer in most places- EVER ! if/when I can leave I will. too many people are coming out here- waaaaaaay to many !!!!!
Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

>
>>TELL ME ONE THING THAT I
>>SAID THAT IS NOT TRUE.
>
>Only one?
>
>For starters, Arizona is not the
>most expensive state to insure
>your vehicles... New Jersey is.
>
>
>You can get an elk tag
>almost every year if you
>choose to hunt for cows
>instead of bulls.
>
>You can also get an archery
>deer tag over the counter
>every year without the hassle
>of the draw!
>
>You don't have to be next
>to "every sweaty bastage in
>the state" if you enjoy
>fishing. If you own
>a boat, you can fish
>any of our wonderful lakes
>without hassle. Also, during
>the summer months when it's
>quite hot, there are lots
>of lakes in the mountains
>where you can stay cool
>and enjoy some great trout
>or pike fishing!
>
>What cracks me up are the
>people that beotch about our
>great state and carry on
>about how the state that
>they lived in before Arizona
>is sooo much better!
>What's even funnier is that
>these folks never leave!
>

IF

IF

IF

IF

>Will All the Wiiiiners who Hate
>Az PLEASE leave so
>my draw odds get better.

I already did. Best move I ever made. You still won't get drawn.

I lived in Az for 20 years...loved it. I've been in Cali for 2...as soon as I can I'm moving back. Hopefully in the next couple years. I love PHX! You think there are too many people in AZ...come to Cali! This place is nuts...although it has been good to me...I miss REAL heat. And yes you do get "used" to it. I hated it when I lived there...I miss it now. I'll take dry heat over 30% humidity any day. Plus the hunting is FAIR at best here. Sure, there are some good places left and a few big ones killed every year. But overall, unless you own a big ranch or pay high fees...more hunting pressure here then in AZ
in all, it depends on the person. Go for it. Give it a try. If you don't like it, leave. You'll make the right decision. Good luck!

Scott G.

Native to Arizona.... Been back east during the summer a handful of times-HUMIDITY- no thanks.. Been Northwest in the summer and winter- summer was nice, but the winter rain and not seeing the sun for thirty days-no thanks.

I was in Payson for the Fourth of July-did'nt break a sweat perfect weather.
Then went up to the Rim and saw Elk galore and fished at one of the lakes for trout all in 80 degree weather-all within two hours from my front door.

At home I relax by the pool in my backyard.
It's what you make of it-I'd rather lay by the pool for 6 months and still wear a t-shirt and shorts in January than shovel snow.

Scotty,

From your past posts, I thought you were a died in the wool Coues hunter. Now you're gonna be forced to hunt those carp deer they have up north!

scottyboy,
dude, you were me 15 years ago before i moved to williams.big citys in az are the septic tanks of az.the only way you keep your sanity is to "get away"for a weekend but then back to the septic tank.then try to talk yourself out of the fact that its hotter than the suns surface and that the polution cloud really isnt over your house.hey does that mean you are going to give doug(redrabbit)and me rights and maps to your mearns spots when you leave?we will send pictures:)too bad you had to work on the sunday i was down with doug i was looking forward to meeting and hunting with you.any rain down there yet?
averagejoe

>Scotty,
>
>From your past posts, I thought
>you were a died in
>the wool Coues hunter.
>Now you're gonna be forced
>to hunt those carp deer
>they have up north!

Those big ol' carp deer arent too bad!! And the whiteys they grow in the cottonwood draws and farm country grow to biblical proportions up there!! I'm down for a few years of that for sure.. Coues deer are super fun to hunt though.. the people "accompanying" you on every hunt, aren't..

Joe, sorry I missd you guys last season.. But you know how work goes..Should I still be here come season(Lord, lets hope not), I'll make it a point to get a few days in with ya'll down south.. Should I be gone, I'll put you guys in on a few dozen coveys!! I know a couple of spots!!
You are right Joe.. Its the trips outta town that have kept me sane since coming here.. Certain parts of AZ aren't bad at all.. But living in town SUCKS!! I have gone somewhere almost every weekend since the heat got crazy.. I went to the Gilas in NM a couple weeks ago.. very nice. Then, I went thru some really nice areas last weekend.. we took the back roads from Pinetop back to Tucson down thru Young, AZ and that area thru the Sierra Anchas.. really nice up that way.. Next weekend, I'll probably be headed WAY down south to the mtns of Chihuahua to beat the heat.. I have a friend with 10K ranch down that way a few hrs south of the border.. We might just head south and relax, swim in the stream, watch the Goulds turkeys in the yard at the ranch house, eat good food, and look for coues sheds.. Beats staying in Tucson all weekend..

scotty,
don't forget dougs a single guy and has a nice place in kachina you could get away from the heat.your welcome here in williams anytime.if anymore big city people move here and keep trying to change this small town i will be out of here.i just got back from kirwin kansas last week i just bought a gsp stud dog pup.and man you talk about nice.i would take the humidity anyday over dealing with umpteen million people anyday.so much green i though my eyes were quiting on me.never ran into a rude person fron oklahoma all the way to kansas.going back to hunt with the kennel owner i bought my pup from in november.hope your getting rain for those mearns i will have four dogs ready to go by nov.good luck on your transfer.
averagejoe(jim)

330 Trapper,
After you have heard from a few hunters that enjoy the state and a few more that can't wait to get out what did you decide? Are you going to try it or are you going to stay where you are? If all of the disgruntled, unhappy people would leave that would improve things.

Scotty,

I completely understand your feelings concerning Tucson. I grew up there, but now it's all I can do to go up and visit the folks. Can't stand it. I like it down here in Hereford, but it's growing way too fast and I'm tired of living near the border. Plus it's too far from the fishing, elk and merriam's turkeys.

Between 6 and 9 years from now, our kids will be done with college (hopefully) and I'll retire from chasin illegals. The Mrs and I will be looking too.

>scotty,
>don't forget dougs a single guy
>and has a nice place
>in kachina you could get
>away from the heat.your welcome
>here in williams anytime.if anymore
>big city people move here
>and keep trying to change
>this small town i will
>be out of here.i just
>got back from kirwin kansas
>last week i just bought
>a gsp stud dog pup.and
>man you talk about nice.i
>would take the humidity anyday
>over dealing with umpteen million
>people anyday.so much green i
>though my eyes were quiting
>on me.never ran into a
>rude person fron oklahoma all
>the way to kansas.going back
>to hunt with the kennel
>owner i bought my pup
>from in november.hope your getting
>rain for those mearns i
>will have four dogs ready
>to go by nov.good luck
>on your transfer.
>averagejoe(jim)

Williams was always my favorite town in AZ. Seems they are trying hard to turn into a real city though. I was gassing up there a few weeks ago as I was driving to LA. Lot's of people there now, but still nice. Had a nice meal at the Pine County Diner, as usual.
BTW, what's up with the gas there? $3.80 per gallon off I-40, but drive 1/2 mile to the Circle K and it's $2.80

moneyman,
the wife and i still love williams.just not what a "few" are trying to do to it.some towns and places are better left as they are.i was glassing sat into a portion of sycamore canyon thinking.....at least this place will never change in my lifetime.the land prices shot up so fast here and are staying way,way to high the growth will still be slow.we still dont have a stop light. so until we get a real stoplight we are still pretty small.as for the gas.. today we paid $2.63 at the new pilot station in bellmont then went into williams for dinner and the freeway was .75 higher than in town but remember"there is no price fixing"yeah right just like theres not 500 illegals in williams.pine country is one of our favorites.what did you think of the remodel??
averagejoe

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom