Jr heavyweight pics and story

fstop

This is a buck I and a few guys whom I just met have been watching for the past three weeks. I actually picked up the left side from this buck last year. I finally understand when some of you talk about watching a deer for hours upon hours waiting for them to drop. I was only able to watch him about an hour before work and an hour after work. This morning he was packing both sides,but his smaller 4 point buddy had shed during the night. We all decided to leave the smaller four point and Jr Heavyweight alone until they left the canyon. This is the name that my new found friends had decided to name this buck. Devin came up with the name "JR", while Robert had been calling the buck "Heavyweight". Thus the name "Jr Heavyweight".
Tonight after work the deer seemed to vanish. Just before dark we found them and both bucks were bald! We all decided to start looking and fortunately for me I was able to back track the bucks and I ended up finding all three sheds. The last one I found in the dark with a light. I don't know why, but I felt guilty having found all three sheds. They both assured me that they understood and not to worry about it. I know they frequent MM and I just thought I'd post some pics of them and our buck. I realize the sport of shed hunting has become very competitive, but sometimes it's nice to make friends out of total strangers. By the way, I think I'll leave this buck alone next year. Spread the wealth...if you know what I mean.

JR Heavyweight still packing....
43fc06c71bb83e2b.jpg

Second side as I found it...
43fc07451d85b1d3.jpg

Devin with Jr...
43fc07b81e030be2.jpg

Jr and I...
43fc08031e686c13.jpg

All three sheds...
43fc08611eb91af7.jpg

bases with a pepsi can...
43fc08a21f0241c6.jpg

Robert with Heavyweight...
43fc09971fdb5da7.jpg

What do you guys think he'd score? His bases are 5 4/8 !I'm an elk guy and don't score deer that often. He's the largest set that I've found. I'll post the score that Robert came up with after a few days. What would you guys do with this set? I've been wanting a deer lamp to go with my elk chandalier and elk lamp, but now I'm thinking about possibly looking for a hide and mounting him? I'm sorry about the long story and the typo's. It's getting late and I'm getting a little rummy. Later, Fstop

Awesome set.Thanks for sharing the pics and story.

I would guess him to gross maybe 180-185 not really wide but he has good mass and deep forks,that's what makes most of the measurement.

beavis.gif

180-183 gross great finds good luck for the rest of the year
later,
Foster

First off, Great story Adam. I personally know how hard you worked for him and no one could be more deserving. NEVER feel guilty about picking up a buck like that. What an awesome set of sheds. You should be thinking "Multible years"!!
You were very dedicated and patient with that buck. I would certainly not look forward to competing on one animal against you. Way to go man! Now you can stay home and leave the rest of those smoker bucks for us :)

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Great find of a beautiful buck ! That pic with the can shows the mass of the bases even through the burrs

Great job Adam! I never thought I'd see you messing around with muleys as much as you like the elk and all. Personally I wouldn't dream of drilling holes in that set. Make a lamp out of the singles and keep the sets in tact. If it were me I'd either get a cape and shoulder mount them or at least mount them up on a skull. I've done a couple of the skull mounts (see below) and would be glad to help you do yours if you decide to go that route.

Oh, with that mass and those deep forks my guess on the score of that buck would be around 188 gross. What a dandy!

Congratulations!

Here is a picture of a set I mounted on a skull.
P6110047.jpg

NvrEnuf

Nice sheds cant wait to get home and find me some. Im looking forward to chaseing big bulls with you and the guys this year.
Matt in Iraq

Hey Matt,

I was going to call Dave tonight and get your email address and send you some pictures. It's good to hear from you. You keep your damn head down and don't get into any trouble over there. I hope to see you soon. You tell all those S. Utah boys thanks for the job you guys are doing.
Adam

Well done fstop...look forward to bumping into you again (but hopefully not anywhere near a deer i am watching:)!

Did you ever get that damn superglued antlered moose?

-RPinenut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom