Jr's 2010 Bull Elk

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
We had a great weekend hunting elk. My boy was able to connect on this great bull. While it was a good hunt, it was some what emotional without my dad. He had passed away just 5 weeks prior to the hunt. I'm sure he was with us every step of the way though. A big thank you to Stinkystomper for helping us out on this hunt.

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

Very cool, man. Sorry to hear about your dad but how neat that the tradition continues with your son. I love it. Congrats!!

nmtaxi, u are more than welcome! u helped put my uncle on an 84 inch goat and i owed u big time. no thank yous are in order. that was my honey hole and i was hoping u would get that giant in there or the 350 with long fronts my dad had to pass because of cataracts clouding his vision on the final moment.

i did know there were a lot of bulls in there and knew u would have a blast. cherish those memories forever. all the money in the world cant buy memories and in the end they are all u have and all that ever matter.

ps. please keep that place a secret. its the last place i have to make mmories with my son.

good lookin bull and good job!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Nice bull! I especially appreciate your son's expression in that last pic. I know the feeling too well and I call it suffering from a bull's revenge... ;-)

Well Stinky, I was kind of trying to downplay the area, but since you already said a lot I will say this - it was un-freakin-believable. At first light, we were looking a 6 big mature bulls. We spent the next 5 hours chasing bugling bull after bugling bull. We saw bulls from the 350 range on down, and were within 100 yards of most of them - thick brush and swirling winds blew a lot of those stalks. It was the most incredible morning of elk hunting I have ever experienced.

My son could not contain himself any longer. This bull - to him - might as well be 380. When we saw this bull, I told him how big it was. I told we could get bigger. Before I could even finish speaking, he was letting the hammer down. He's thrilled, and that's all that matters to me. It will hang on his wall for the rest of his life. And whether or not you think you deserve a thank you, we will always remember the help you gave us. That spot will go to the grave with me. So, if any of you need help in unit 17, don't ask me.

Dan

Congrats to your Son on the nice Bull. Sorry for the loss of your Father. I feel your pain, I recently lost my Stepdad.

Congrats on a very nice bull. Know that your father was there with you the whole time. Sorry for your loss but congrats on a knew partner to make memories with.

Congratulations to your son on a nice bull! Sorry for the loss of your father. I'm sure your dad was with you.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom