July Sheep Pics

M

maddglasser

We have been out a few times this past week wishing I can draw a sheep tag. Now that the draws are almost out I figured I would give us all something to hope for.

4a5a2b5421b8d805.jpg

4a5a2bb324f43f1b.jpg

4a5a2c2626480a4c.jpg

Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

nice pics Travis, how big you think the biggest is? hope we find out next what we have, can't wait to hear "For the year 2009 you were unsuccessful .............."
talk to later, Andy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-09 AT 02:52PM (MST)[p]I personally think they'll both score about the same. The ram on the left is a little heavier down low but the ram on the right is longer and slightly thinner on his last measurement. They're both book rams... I would like to see these rams live another couple years then they'll be hawgs for sure.

Travis:

What kind of age you get on them? That one ram sure looks like he is a year or maybe younger than the other guy.

Could be the angle, what do you think?

Great ram, that's for sure...

Don

Don,
That is EXACTLY what we had as well. The longer is a 7 yr old. We had him at 120 yards. The shorter, I believe 8-9. 8 is my guess from what I counted.

The funny thing about score is, they are all guesses till the tape hits. I love fishing because you can throw them back. If I had to score these guys I would say the longer is about 172 and the shorter 170 or about the same. Judging pictures is a challenge at best, seeing them in person is the ONLY way to judge sheep. Nonetheless, I would not take either of these sheep, not because of score but because of age. The younger longer ram should be a great ram in 3 years, I would love to both of them to survive the next season. After the hunt we will find out!

Travis

Travis:

Unless you got some more hiding in the bushes, that older ram is a shooter!

In Region III they both got crosshairs on them.

Good job, out there looking this time of the year, but a little warm I suspect?

I'm going out in the morning at 0330 a.m. with the lady from Kingman that won the javelina Super Raffle tag.

She hasn't tagged out yet, has seven rounds for her trusty 30-30 and we hope to get her a pig before her tag expires on August 6.

If you got any located, and we don't find them in our usual honey holes around here, let me know and we'll head on down!

Don Martin

After the draw I will put what the bushies have in store! Here is a taste. The pics are blurry, but you get the point!

4a5a993642f28496.jpg

In looking at the draw odds I think I might have a better chance at the AZ Super Big Game raffle than getting a tag through the draw process either way I am hoping for a tag

John

Travis no need to post anymore pics if you just want to send them to me, This is my year and I feel that tags in my pocket. Good luck to everyone else, I have a sheep tag this year. Postive thinking works!!! Andy

Looking at these pics makes me wish I drew a tag this year, I definately know who I'd be hunting with. Travis I know you guys spend alot of time in 44bn, 44bs, all of the 45s and those other western units but have you seen anything that might come close to topping the 180 ram you guys killed last year that was in Eastmans hunting magazine?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom