June 17th Baggs Mule Deer Group

elks96

Long Time Member
I have not been able to confirm if this is a public meeting where the public can provide input or just a committee meeting. I will try and find out if the meeting is public or not. This area has some unique pressures heading its way. Colorado tag management and allocation, combined with Colorado's push to later seasons, Colorado Wolf Reintroduction, add that with massive over population of feral horses on the winter range, lack of weed management in the horse and winter range areas, legal and illegal vehicle access, failure of the BLM to keep up the HMA fences and keep horses in their designated ranges are all serious issues facing this herd. The migration corridor work is important but luckily this herd is only facing 2 road issues. Fencing on the BLM is in need of up dating to more wildlife friendly set ups.

https://oilcity.news/wyoming/outdoo...ggs-mule-deer-corridor-working-group-members/

It is encouraged to kill Feral hogs but horses which have as much negative impact are free to roam the west. Amazing.

It is encouraged to kill Feral hogs but horses which have as much negative impact are free to roam the west. Amazing.
Those Rock Springs types, Love them horses. :love::love::love:

I think we have a good chance at hammering the BLM. The HMA fence on powered rim has been down for years. There is a chunk of the migration and winter range that south of powder rim and East to Baggs that has horses and shouldn’t. The BLM should be held accountable and forced to fix the fence and round up all the escaped horses…

My cousins lives there… hymmm???

And i dont let doubledrop forget it

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom