Junior Seau - DEAD

Roy

LAST EDITED ON May-02-12 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]WTH.... Sad sad story - I am sure we will find out more as the day wears on:

http://deadspin.com/5907073/report-former-nfl-linebacker-junior-seau-found-dead

Former NFL Linebacker Junior Seau Found Dead, Suicide Suspected
According to TMZ, there was a shooting at the Oceanside, California, home of former NFL linebacker Junior Seau. TMZ says that multiple sources have confirmed to them that Seau was found dead inside his home. Seau was 43 years old.

A bizarre side note: Seau is now the eighth member of the 1994 AFC Champion San Diego Chargers to pass away.

UPDATE: TMZ now reports that cops suspect that Seau committed suicide, and that he sent "Love you" text messages yesterday to his ex-wife and children. So, so sad.

And the North County Times is reporting that Seau died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.

EDIT - UPDATE

ESPN finally released the story:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7882750/former-nfl-linebacker-great-junior-seau-dies-43

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Junior was without question my favorite player while I was growing up. His intensity, drive, athletisism and good nature were an asset to all the teams he played on. Its a shame his life ended like this.

Confirmed suicide....shot in the chest.

You wonder how much pain someone has to be in to cut their lives short.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Just goes to remind us how even people that have lived out their fantasies doing what they love and making mountains of money while doing it, can have serious personal issues too.
Here's an unsung hero that would have GLADLY traded me spots on my worst day.
Rest in peace, Junior......

I just heard he had kids and he said good bye to them in a letter. He has officially become a douchebag in my book. How the hell do you do that to your kids? Imagine his kids pain....as a parent, when my kids feel pain, it hits ME twice as hard for them. His selfishness over shadows everything he ever did on a football field. I pray for those that have to live with this.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

>I just heard he had kids
>and he said good bye
>to them in a letter.
>He has officially become a
>douchebag in my book. How
>the hell do you do
>that to your kids? Imagine
>his kids pain....as a parent,
>when my kids feel pain,
>it hits ME twice as
>hard for them. His selfishness
>over shadows everything he ever
>did on a football field.
>I pray for those that
>have to live with this.
>
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

I pray for you Whiz you #####.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Suicide & Depression.
Undepressed people can't understand the affliction.
My brother in law killed himself eight years ago almost to the day as a result of depression.

Professional athletes suffer a huge let down when they retire and are no longer the center of attraction, especially the super stars.
A huge (and possibly the worst) side effect of anabolic steroid use is depression.

I didn't know the guy, but If I were to go out on a limb and speculate I'd look at those as possible contributing factors.

Slick- I'd prefer you direct your prayers to those poor kids who have to live without a father. As my kids Father, I will go to any length to protect them from harm....not bail on them when things get too rough for me. Cowardice.....

HH- Sorry to hear of your bro in law. I'm sure you think about that and relive pain, am I correct? Does his kids, friends and family still hurt? I'm sure and that is my point. We can't feel sorry for the one that took their own life, we should feel sorry for those who have to live that EVERY DAMN DAY!!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

SLICK.........I UNDERSTAND WHERE WISZ IS COMING FROM, IF YOU DONT "GET IT".......DONT COMMENT......VERY SIMPLE.........YD.

Right on Wiz....Its to selfish for me to even fathom. Millions of dollars & Fame and still not enough. I don't feel bad for JR., I feel for his family. SOB took the easy way, For Him only.

Next time your trying to be slick....Try
being slicker than a 6 year old.

I have had a couple of extended family suicides and I just have to say, it is horrible!

If you really want to scar someone forever....kill yourself.

I still get pissed when I think about what these selfish people have done, when they ALL had other available options.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

My wifes brother was a cop and had several accidents on the job. He was addicted to pain meds for quite a few years. It got so bad that the meds he was was on just wasn't enough. One night he melted down one of the pain patches he was supposed to stick to his skin and he shot it directly into his veins. He went into a coma and was taken off of life support 2 days later. He didn't commit suicide but the pain my wife feels everyday of that tragedy is horrible. He had 6 kids and a wife. This family has never been the same. My wifes Bday is May 4th and his was May 5th. Right now is a tough time for her. She hasn't had a happy birthday ever since her brother died. My point is that kids/families hurt when a loved one is tragically taken by stupid actions that should have never taken place. In Junior Seau's and my wifes brothers case it is the recklessness of thier actions that will effect the ones they left behind in the most devastating way possible. My wife will never forget getting the phone call at 3:18 am saying that her brother is at the emergency room in a coma. I feel for Juniors kids...

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

WISZARD ...
THE D-BAG COMMIT DID NOT NEED TO BE SAID.....
Just wish his family could have helped.
The pain he was in must have shown..

Bad deal for many reasons. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Sadly, when it happens, usually a trend will follow along family lines. I don't think people comprehend the shock waves they leave behind when taking such actions. Just last week I responded on a 18 year old who took his own life. Words cannot describe the utter emotional devastation his family now has to live with.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Goatroper, you ever live through a suicide?? I have, not once but twice. One with a brother in law and another was a best friend. One was 25 and the other was nearly 30. I understand Steve?s anger and disgust all too well and yes these fricken people are dirt bags! The most selfish thing anyone can do to another human being that love them is take their own life. I STILL live with the left over crap that comes with it and it was over 25 years ago. If you haven't been there stuff your own comments, you have no idea how this effects those that have to live with their selfish DIRT BAG ( and I'm being NICE!!) actions.

GBA

We all hurt in different ways...Very, Very, sad!!!! It's pretty evident to me that a man that bangs his head into things for the better part of his life is not always going to make good decisions??

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Close friend's 15 year old son took his own life a few years back. The kid had been dealing with emotional problems for years. Family had him in therapy and were doing everything they could to help him get through it. He continued to have suicidal thoughts. One day, after the family had a family outing, where everyone seem to be having a great time, including the troubled son, they came home and he said he wanted to go in the back yard and play with their dog. 30 minutes later they found him hanging from a tree.

Initially everyone was mad at the thought he had failed his loved ones. Over time, it became clear, this troubled soul just could not cope with life. No one now looks at it as a selfish act, but understands it as a very sad situation for everyone touched by the event.

caelkhnter, while I agree with the things that you are saying about that situation what I am saying is it isn't always someone who is troubled for years on end or even months for that matter. In the case of my brother in law his live in girlfriend dumped him and in a week he shot himself. I suppose anyone who takes their own life is probably a little wacked in the head but I'm pretty sure we all get that way over some trauma or dramatic situation at one time or another. That doesn't mean we go out and shoot ourselves. That's the most selfish cowardly act I can think of and yes, it just pi$$es me off.

GBA

Who can say what the motivations are of those that take their lives. Im sure there are some that do it for selfish reasons, like perhaps to spite a former spouse or girlfriend. But there are also probably other times where people do it because what they feel they are doing is actually a selfless act, thinking that those they left behind would actually be better off without them. No matter what the case, I would hope that people would be empathetic to anyone that gets to the point of taking their life. Whatever their motivations are, they aren't happy as most of us are. I hope that these horrible stories are reminders for all of us left on earth to look at our friends, family, or other loved ones a little more closely. You never know who may be waiting for a friend or someone to reach out and ask them how they are doing.

>Who can say what the motivations
>are of those that take
>their lives. Im sure
>there are some that do
>it for selfish reasons, like
>perhaps to spite a former
>spouse or girlfriend. But
>there are also probably other
>times where people do it
>because what they feel they
>are doing is actually a
>selfless act, thinking that those
>they left behind would actually
>be better off without them.
> No matter what the
>case, I would hope that
>people would be empathetic to
>anyone that gets to the
>point of taking their life.
> Whatever their motivations are,
>they aren't happy as most
>of us are. I
>hope that these horrible stories
>are reminders for all of
>us left on earth to
>look at our friends, family,
>or other loved ones a
>little more closely. You
>never know who may be
>waiting for a friend or
>someone to reach out and
>ask them how they are
>doing.

Well said.

He ran his car off a cliff a while ago but I think it was a dui.I am wondering if anyone thought he was trying to kill himself, but at the age of 43 he is an adult.

I found out a little while ago a neighbor of mine had lost a son to suicide several years back. His mom and dad have built a little canopy in a garden for him in their backyard. They keep it well groomed and lit up almost every night. She posts comments about how much she misses him almost weekly, sometimes multiple times a week. It is definitely hard on her. She had also created a web page for him where she made his music, art, and also posted his suicide letter. It is difficult to describe the letter he wrote. He acknowledged the pain it would cause for him and his family, but he insisted that he had considered all the options he had and felt that this was the best choice for him and for others. He said he was anxious to explore the world beyond this one, that he had become bored here.

Just a few months ago, also in my neighborhood, a young man got into an argument with his grandfather and retreated to his room. When his grandfather came in to reconcile, the young man shot himself immediately after his grandfather entered. I can see how selfish that may appear. Clearly he wanted to punish his grandfather for whatever words were said. But he had come from a difficult home with many other family issues. I don't necessarily think that is a valid excuse as we all know people who have overcome tremendous odds to be happy and successful.

There was another athlete recently, (I dont remember his name) that shot himself in the heart and specifically asked in his suicide letter to have a doctor examine his brain to find out what was wrong with him. After studying the brain, the doctors did find significant brain damage resulting from his career in football.

All three of these stories ended in suicide, but all of them had such drastically different reasons why it was done. Let's not be so quick to cast judgement on the deceased or pretend to know what inspired their deaths.

I see your point, grizz. We don't know why he did it or what kind of condition his mind may have been in. I must still stand by my arguement that that he MUST think of his kids first and what pain they will endure for the rest of their lives. Either way, in his right mind or not, he's still caused those around him unspeakable pain.....and that is why he is a douche.

We've heard no reports on ESPN about ANYONE coming forth with Seau acting out of the ordinary or that he seemed to be off his rocker at all. Maybe its too early.....who knows. I hope for his families sake that reports do come in of mental illness or something like that. It may make things a little less tragic for his kids.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Thanks Grizz...Great perspective.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

> Let's not be so
>quick to cast judgement on
>the deceased or pretend to
>know what inspired their deaths.
>

Well said, grizzmoose. Suicide is so difficult to deal with. We've had 3 suicides in my family- all different circumstances.

Anger is definitely one of the emotions I went through though, especially with a cousin who killed herself 5 years ago. Mother of 5- grandmother of one and one on the way when she did it. I was mad and sometimes I still get mad about it, but when I think of the torment and torture she must have gone through and the depths to which she sunk before she pulled that trigger I can only feel sorrow and pity for her. She was not in her "right mind". I know she wasn't. I'm saddened that she went to such a dark place and couldn't pull herself out. I try hard not to judge her and only wish I could've helped her more.

I definitely don't think she took the easy way out though. I fully believe she still has to deal with her problems and that she's somewhere watching her sweet little grandchildren grow up without her, watching her daughters grow up and pass milestone after milestone in her absence, watching another woman take her spot as their mother and her husband's wife....etc and I am sure that tortures her soul even more. All the eternal promises she made here on earth to those people may be permanently broken too. What a sad state to live in forever. Doesn't sound like an easy way out to me....that sounds like a personal hell from this mother's perspective.

It is a selfish act though. So selfish. And the pain those left behind have to go through is immense. Scars for life...open wounds that may never heal. It's very easy to be mad about it so I understand the emotions coming from every side.

ESPN reported last night that his kids want his brain examined. That is probably a good idea. Pending the outcome, it's been reported that less and less parents are letting their kids play football.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom