just a thought

JACOB2006

WOULD NM SUPPORT MOVING THE DRAW BACK TO EARLY APRIL.MAYBE MAKE THE DEADLINE THE END OF FEB.JUST THINKING IT WOULD BE NICE FOR TWO REASONS FIRST WITH NM ODDS THE WAY THEY ARE AT LEAST UNSUC WOULD HAVE A CHANCE TO APPLY ELSE WHERE.SECOND WE BURN HALF A YEAR SAVING VACATION AT WORK WOULD BE NICE TO MAYBE MAKE OTHER PLANS WITH THE FAMILY WITH AN EARLY DRAW.

My guess is, with the antelope landowner stuff they have to do, and waiting for harvest results and such, it wouldn't be possible. Personally, I like the split draws that they do now, with the oryx, bear and turkey being on the same time frame you mentioned, and the rest later. But either way wouldn't bother me.

+1 hope someday, it would be nice to commit to a nice vacation without doing a short planned trip after all the results are up

I completely agree..There is NOTHING that can't be done even when you're dealing with a govt. entity like NMG&F. Will they is the question.. It remains to be seen. Even knowing one month earlier would make a huge difference in planning for vacations or other hunts if you don't get drawn.

LAST EDITED ON May-26-09 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]I agree. I'd like to see deer and elk seperated with one being in the early draw and the other in the later draw. Those two species take up the most time so it would be nice to plan. So if I knew I drew deer or elk in the early draw, I might not even put in for the other species in the later draw if I'm short on vaca time.

Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom