just got a call for a uintas west mtn goat tag.

alpinebowman

Well I received a call I never thought I would get I am next in line for a uintas west mountain goat tag. Now with my wife having a wasatch archery tag things are getting interesting. Now I don't want to pass up the opportunity. So needless to say I need a little help from all that would be willing to give would be awesome. Unfortunatley I don't know where to start so even some help there would be great. And to those that have this tag let me know as I would love to get out with you when I have the time. feel free to email or call me. [email protected]
801-573-7518

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I know rob that is the story on all the hills this year. and once the snow is gone the roads are still a mess.

alpinebowman

Okay, dumb question time! What does next in line mean---that you will get a tag this year if somebody turns one back or you will draw it in 2012 or what?

Someone turned their tag in and I was number 14 on a list of 13 tags. I just paid for my once in a lifetime tag this a.m. and it is in the mail to my door :D
alpinebowman

I am headed up for the weekend to look for some goats. Thanks to all that have offered information as I have immensely enjoyed talking to all of you. I hope to have some good pics for you next week.

alpinebowman

Well I had a fun weekend of scouting. I found 83-85 goats and had over half of them from 100 yards down to 4 yards away several times. I didn't see any great goats but a few that will certainly hit the dirt the first day by others. The best looking group of 6 was 1 1/2 miles away and the next day when we went to find them they vanished. It is certainly some great country up there and it is to bad it was 13 years since I was last in the area. I will post some of the cool pics I was able to get.

I plan on a final trip in 2 weeks before the wife wasatch hunt starts so I hope to find a good one to chase then.

I also want to again thank all who have offered information. You have helped ease my mind on this last minute hunt of a lifetime. I hope I can start to repay all of you someday.

alpinebowman

Good luck on your hunt! We'll be there next year for a goat hunt. My wife has enough pts to draw.

Sounds like you have thing under control.

Keep us posted and POST YOU PHOTOS PLEASE!

Best,
Zeke

Well as promised here are some pics of the weekend. As is with any trips to the Uintas the miles are long and the hills steep but it was a great time. We trekked 12 miles on Sat. and 4 very vertical miles on Sunday and I loved every minute of the hike. The winged spawns of Satan(also known as mosquito's) were horrific but the bites will heal and the memories will stay.

Enjoy,

Couple of a decent billy that won't see this coming winter

billy2.jpg

billy1.jpg

A large nanny that was photogenic
nanny1.jpg

and a couple of group pics.
the big group of 55
group.jpg

group of 22 from 2 miles out
group2_goats.jpg

And to cap it off a fantastic Uintas sunset
sunset.jpg

sunset1.jpg

alpinebowman

Good stuff there sir! Good stuff indeed!
Have a great hunt. Your fun has started already.
Thanks,
Zeke

Sounds like you have been pointed in the right direction. Great pics. You'll love that hunt.

Well I am off to the back country this weekend to find the big ones(I hope). I am heading out with C3 and I think he believes I am trying to kill him. Hopefully I have some more great pics for you next week.

alpinebowman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom