Just My Opinion... how do others feel?

2f350s

I've been looking at photos successful hunters take for a while and I have to say A LOT of hunters need to learn how to take photos of their game! I believe every downed animal represents dedication and hard work that results in months of good eating.

When a hunter sits several feet behind the animal to make it look "bigger" it really looks FAKE. Ever see that photo of a fish with the persons arms stretched straight out to make that 12" trout look like its 15"! And for goodness sake have some respect, don't sit on the animal either!

What do you guys think?

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Ever see
>that photo of a fish
>with the persons arms stretched
>straight out to make that
>12" trout look like its
>15"!

AKA the Roland Martin pose. Agree with most of what you said. I wish I had better photography skills myself.

I don't care how others choose to photograph their hunts. There are things that I think look dumb, but others really like.

This is even more prevalent in the fly fishing world. The photogs have really vilified the good old fashion grip and grin hero shots. It has to be "cool" now, so your face has to be down. You can't look at the camera. Cover your face entirely with a Buff. Put the fish in front of your face. If you just pick the fish up and smile for the camera, it is no longer "art."

Me? I'm old school. One of the things I really like seeing captured in hunting and fishing pictures is the excitement of the hunter or fisherperson. I like the grip and grin hero shots. I don't care if your arms are extended or if you are sitting back in the picture. I'm aware enough to realize what the person is doing and just appreciate the game and excitement involved.

But that's just me. To each their own.

I hate it when people smile. You just took an animal's life and you're smiling? Show some respect.

That's why I wear all black, remove my hat and request all other road hunters to pull over with their hazards on until I can get the animal loaded up.

I already saw a few pics from this season that got me thinking.

You all bring up great points, taking an animals life and/or getting a hard earned trophy should be captured in a manner that reflects sportsmanship.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

I like to do a lot of different stuff. I usually try to portray the animal as is but I like to do the close up for fun to make look huge but I don't need to do that to make myself feel better. I've tried really hard to make nice looking photos with the elk deer etc posed nice.

I couldn't care less what others do in taking photos. I like to clean up all blood, clear brush/grass out from front of animal and any distracting branches behind. I also like to get a view of terrain/sky line in background. However I am not going to get my panties all tied up cause somebody has blood all over and just take one photo. Every one is different, let them take their photos they way they like them.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>I don't think enough about what
>other people do to warrant
>a thread about it.......

AMEN!!!! And by the way there will be no grinning from ear to ear because you shot something! I'm sorry but I hunt to enjoy myself and I happen to think it is fun. There for I think I can smile when I take a picture!! Holy #%#% !

I have either been tagging along or hunting myself for over 30 years now. I still get a little sorrow when I kill an animal. It is not lost on me that I just took a life.

I will say unequivocally, however, that the day I no longer get excited and have a smile on my face after the successful pursuit of one of these awesome critters will be the day I no longer do it.

It's hunting. It's supposed to be fun!

Eel: "I hate it when people smile."

Sounds so sad. Not to be caught smiling, even accidentally, after doing something you love. Wow.

>I hate it when people smile.
>You just took an animal's
>life and you're smiling? Show
>some respect.

When I kill big animals I can't help but smile.
62490img2422.jpg

whiteboy, it pains me to say this, but that photo put a smile on my face. Well done on a great buck! :)

Hate to see people sitting(mostly straddle) an the animal. Other than that I'm all for showcasing the animal or the fish. If you make it look bigger all the more to the photographer. Love to see smiles too. I guess I don't get hung up on what others do as long as they show respect.

>I've been looking at photos successful
>hunters take for a while
>and I have to say
>A LOT of hunters need
>to learn how to take
>photos of their game!
>I believe every downed animal
>represents dedication and hard work
>that results in months of
>good eating.
>
>When a hunter sits several feet
>behind the animal to make
>it look "bigger" it really
>looks FAKE. Ever see
>that photo of a fish
>with the persons arms stretched
>straight out to make that
>12" trout look like its
>15"! And for goodness
>sake have some respect, don't
>sit on the animal either!
>
>
>
>What do you guys think?
>
>
>2f350s: Spend the money on additional
>licenses and HUNT more!

I think you are taking yourself way too serious.

ClearCreek

Whatever happened to the classy animal pictures, like the ones Moosie used to take doing handstands and wearing flipflops!?!

Rut

Shame on you, whiteboy. If I'm ever blessed to take a buck like that, I'll be showing way more teeth than you are in that photo... ;-)

I say take the photo that makes you happy. But be selective about those you post online. I am sure that someone out there has photos that would make us all cringe, and if that can be done, then just imagine the impact on those who we must recruit to our cause rather than alienate. I think that hunters are often our own worst enemies because we assume we have "the right" and "to hell" with those who don't like it.

That said, I always put an apple in my buck's mouth. It doesn't work so well with fish.

As long as the picture shows respect for the animal, I have no issues with it.

HOWEVER, :), I personally don't care for the "I'm a bad-ass" no smile pics. JMO. Cigars, apples, and beer bottles in the dead critters mouth don't cut it with me, either.

It shouldn't say "As long as it is respectful." It should say, "As long as it is what I consider respectful."

You just turned its lungs inside out by sending a 180 grain projectile at 2500 feet per second through its rib cage and a good many of them sit a season in the freezer only to be tossed out freezer burned. Sitting on an animal falls well below its hierarchy of being. Makes this whole picture ethics argument seem futile.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Please when taking a photo cut the tongue out. Nothing worse than seeing a success photo with it's tongue laying out there like it's been licking it's bloody chops.. Kind of reminds me of Eel's old (now deceased ) one night stander.

personally I like the Teddy Roosevelt stance......one leg pinning the critter to the ground with the rifle butt jammed in the rib cage....

I like to take a bunch of different shots to see what gets the most likes and comments on Insta, which is my sole goal in hunting. I take one where I'm riding them like a bull, antlers pulled back. I also like to get the whole outfitting posse in there, show how many guys it took to kill this one animal (at least 10). It's best if they're standing on the hill behind the animal for perspective. If the camera lens is touching the animal?s snout, you're too far away!!! Any orange must come off and replaced with my most expensive camo. I'll make sure to overstate the score by at least 30 inches. A 160 just became a booner!!! For my sponsors, I need to have their names at least 3 times in each pic. Maybe I'll stick a protein powder shake to the side, show them why I'm so freaking ripped!

>As long as the picture shows
>respect for the animal, I
>have no issues with it.
>
>
>HOWEVER, :), I personally don't care
>for the "I'm a bad-ass"
>no smile pics. JMO. Cigars,
>apples, and beer bottles in
>the dead critters mouth don't
>cut it with me, either.
>

+1
Zeke

>I like to take a bunch
>of different shots to see
>what gets the most likes
>and comments on Insta, which
>is my sole goal in
>hunting. I take one
>where I'm riding them like
>a bull, antlers pulled back.
> I also like to
>get the whole outfitting posse
>in there, show how many
>guys it took to kill
>this one animal (at least
>10). It's best if
>they're standing on the hill
>behind the animal for perspective.
> If the camera lens
>is touching the animal?s snout,
>you're too far away!!!
>Any orange must come off
>and replaced with my most
>expensive camo. I'll
>make sure to overstate the
>score by at least 30
>inches. A 160 just
>became a booner!!! For
>my sponsors, I need to
>have their names at least
>3 times in each pic.
> Maybe I'll stick a
>protein powder shake to the
>side, show them why I'm
>so freaking ripped!

This is so rich! I can see that you have the same disdain for commercialization in hunting that I have!

My brother and I counted the different no-name camo that we used on my recent deer hunt and we came up with 11 different patterns and at 50 yards they all look the same!

...and to think that I didn't even wear a camo hat. Disgusting to some that I missed my chance to make a buck off my buck!

Zeke

I think the companies that made my clothes are out of business... One set I bought in 1999, another a couple years after that.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom