Kaibab 12A-West late success

Bruinbrewin

493741fb2e6d7c8b.jpg

Well, I had a great hunt on the Plateau and will post a short report when I have a chance to sit down and put my thoughts together. I really need to thank those MM member(s) who helped me out (you know who you are and thanks)with information that made it possible for me to harvest this great deer. I had hopes for a monster (180-200") but this guy does not fall very short of my goal the way I figure and might gross around 170". I have no regrets whatsoever and determined that since he was the biggest deer that I would have harvested to date, I just could not pass up the shot and took it opening day just before dark. I met some new friends up there from Prescott that helped me pack it back to camp the next day and even helped cape it for me and bone it out for transport back home. I stuck around a couple of days to help them fill their tags in return for all of their help. When they left I went up on top to try to find some elk for the tag I bought in case I got this lucky but did not find any as I got out of there Thursday morning before all the snow hit (only 5-6 inches on the ground when I left at 8 AM)and pretty glad I did. Thanks again for all of your help and only hope I can draw the tag again sometime before I am unable to make it out there anymore. I enjoy all of the photos and success stories and finally have the opportunity to post one of my own.
P.S. This was only a line or two about the hunt so I don't think you will want to suffer through a short story that I might post later.
Thanks again
Dan

Awesome buck. Congrats. I can't wait until i can pull a tag. Shouldn't be too long

Very nice buck, congratulations! If that's the biggest buck you've ever killed, you are a smart hunter to have taken him early. I've made the mistake more than once of passing up animals bigger than anything I've taken before, and regretted it later.

Again, congratulations on a wonderful buck!

Congratulations on a fine buck. That's one you'll look at for years and fondly remember your hunt and how good a time you had out here but you'll have your work cut out topping him with that beautiful rack! I hope you get the opportunity to hunt out here again.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom