Kaibab Meat Processor/Taxi

AZ4life

It seems like I have heard that a meat processor and/or a taxi has had a temporary camp setup up North during some of the Kaibab hunts. Am I remembering correctly? Is this still happening? Who is it that does this?

We have a few archery tags in some of the Northern Territories:) so I'm trying to find out.

Thanks

Most likely in Kanab, Ut just over the border from Kaibab's.
Maybe in Fredonia, Az before the border to Kanab.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Page, AZ (89 off the east side) also has STYX market that does processing. I wouldn't recommend taxidermy there though. I've never done processing or taxi in Fredonia or Kanab, but there are a couple places in Flagstaff worth a recommendation for taxidermy if you don't opt for Fredonia/Kanab.

JB

There was one guy last year on the late hunt for taxidermy. He was camped right in where Duwane Adams had a big camp. He capes the buck for you and you take the horns home. He didnt do any meat processing, just taxidermy. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

There is a phenominal processor in fredonia. Cant remember their name but i will get it for you.It might be DaCorti... or something like that. Very clean and makes the best jerky anywhere!!! The turn around is very quick. We took a strip buck to them last year and two days later it was ready! Have used them every year we hunt up there. They ship anywhere as well. Had a hunter from nebraska and he said his meat was still frozen and in perfect shape when he got it.. Highly recomend them!!!

Eric

I took a buck to the guy in Fredonia in 2007 and he was helpful with getting the meat cut quickly for the ride home the next day.

But, last December I took a doe to him that I shot in Kanab and they were not interested in cutting meat and recommeded that I drive to St George, Ut. I drove the doe to St. George and the guy there said he would have the meat cut by the next afternoon.

When I returned to pick up the meat he hadnt touch the carcass and I had to ice her down for the ride home. I ended up cutting her up myself in the kitchen.

The place in Fredonia is Lacorti's. He does nice work and makes the best wild game jerky I've had. He maybe done for the season by december, dont know.

Ya he is the nicest guy around. He has stayed late so we could bring him a buck that we shot right at sundown. Definatly goes the extra mile. Thanks fin for getting his name right.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom