Kaibab

Lots of deer.. Not too many big deer were seen. Very cold. Most of the deer we saw were in what I call the middle area. The transition from the top and burn area but not all the way west in the flats. Still in the pines and oaks.

Was there for 12AW early hunt, saw numerous good bucks (170-190 class) day before opening, lots of hunters in Burn (as usual), had opportunity for big 'un on Day 2 - super windy on Day 2, snow came Saturday night through Sunday, cold & 15 degrees, deer were moving west, hunter I was helping downed 4-pt Sunday morn - not a giant, but biggest body buck I've seen there, saw numerous other nice bucks taken, no monsters, but good 4-pts, I expect most deer to be low for late hunt - it's been cold & wet w/more rain/snow since early hunt. Should be good late hunt, esp. w/only 50 tags. I'll be there.

Kaibab James Buck (1).jpg

Was there for 12AW early hunt, saw numerous good bucks (170-190 class) day before opening, lots of hunters in Burn (as usual), had opportunity for big 'un on Day 2 - super windy on Day 2, snow came Saturday night through Sunday, cold & 15 degrees, deer were moving west, hunter I was helping downed 4-pt Sunday morn - not a giant, but biggest body buck I've seen there, saw numerous other nice bucks taken, no monsters, but good 4-pts, I expect most deer to be low for late hunt - it's been cold & wet w/more rain/snow since early hunt. Should be good late hunt, esp. w/only 50 tags. I'll be there.

View attachment 92816
Congrats to the hunter!

This is my favorite place to hunt deer and I always enjoy hearing back from the guys that were lucky enough to hunt it. Thanks for sharing your reports.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom