Kaiparowits, East

jtshedhead

Hey fellas! Well after turning a tag back last year my 77 year old grandpa is back at it. We play on doing a ton of research and scouting this summer, but areas of interest, best places to camp and of course pictures of success would be awesome. This has been his dream for the past 20 years and I'm putting it on my shoulders to help get him a great ram! Look forward to hearing from you all.
Regards,
Jerod

jt,
Congrats to your gramps! I have never been on the KEast (just the West) but I know that country gets miserably hot soon. I would do any scouting you have planned as soon as possible. The nats get crazy bad down there when it warms up. PM sent.

I think our first trip down there was in June last year. The bugs and moist heat will drive you nucking futs! LBH knows of what he speaks. GO NOW or pay the price.

I've never hunted that side but had a friend who has. His advice is pick a point and glass until your eyes bleed. It should be classic spot n stalk hunting in that unit and some sheep might be within reasonable distance of the road(s).

LBH and I have both been close but not right into the heart of the unit. I've been right along the west boundary of that unit and I've seen plenty of fresh sheep tracks. Plenty of sheep and larger horns than most would guess.

Congrats to g-pa and best of luck.
Zeke

Another thing:
Do you have a boat?
That might open up some possibilities for gramps.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom