Kansas Rifle Whitetail

leonard

I'm currently working in Andover, KS through Jan 2011 and would like to rifle hunt this Dec. I'm considering putting in for unit 15 and 16. Can I hunt both units, or how does the adjacent unit work? I plan to hunt walk-in areas out by Ashland and Medicine Lodge, any one had any luck or know much about those areas? Is the pressure pretty bad opening weekend or it better the last weekend of the rifle season?

Thanks -
Leonard

I'm guessing you'd be considered a non-resident hunter, in which case the application deadline is April 30!!

A non-resident firearm license is valid in two adjacent units during the firearm season. I believe you have to choose those units at the time of application.

Can't speak to hunting pressure - never been in that area. I'd call FWP and ask them what they know!

Good luck!

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]
http://raghornhs.blogspot.com

I applied for a unit 14 and one adjacent unit in 12. Will be hunting public land, unless I can locate permission to hunt private land, and would be willing to trade farm/ranch work for a couple days hunting permission. I think the public land might be good early on, like the first days of season.

I rifle hunted unit 12 a few years back. Big whitetails running around, goodluck to you!

7 Mag

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom