Kansas units 4 & 7

W

willhunt4food

3 friends and I drew firearms deer tags for Units 4 & 7. We live in Michigan so we plan on going and scout for 4 days before the season starts. We are planning on hunting walk in areas and state wild life areas. If any one has some tips or have hunted the those units before I like to hear from you.
Thanks Scott

Make a trip there for the early season muzzy hunt. You can get a look around maybe knock on a few doors for private ground and potentially get your buck then.

Thanks for the advise. We live in Michigan so I don't think we'll get a chance to go down in Sept. but we will have 4 days to scout before season opens. Thanks again Scott

you are in deep crap if your are going to drive out of state to Kansas and hunt deer on public land. Not a good idea. Save your time and money.
I've only seen a few, few places that are public for deer and I choose not to hunt them but to rest until I could hunt on private land and be fresh and ready to hunt.
You could do better in MO or even AR but public land in KS is a real long shot for deer. Turkey on public land is good on KS but not deer.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands

one word....WALK IN AREAS......well I guess that was 3. some of the best hunting around WILL be on walk in areas...no matter how small a piece of ground it is there could be deer using them. the rut will push GOOD bucks off there normal patterns and will make them vulerable....do a little research and you will do fine....P.M me and I will point you in the right direction in unit 4.

Download a free walkin map from the website and go hunt. TONS of ground.

I was just out there 10 days scouting.

Archer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom