Kenetrek Boots, or comparable boots?

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
I have had a pair of the Kenetrek mountain boots for 6 years. I didn't buy them, but was given a pair. The boots were fantastic, comfortable, light, kept feet dry, itc. Unfortunately I have worn them out and need a new pair of boots. The cost to replace is about $500, if boots lasted me 6 years. Is it worth buying another pair or looking for something as good or better bang for the buck. What is everyone else preference on boots.
Thanks

IMO boots are an item that I'm not willing to skimp on. They can make or break a hunt, especially if you are spending consecutive days in inclement weather.

I like to go to a few stores and try on every option, pick the one that feels best on your feet.

With that being said, I've been digging on the Meindl Denali as of late. I also have a pair of Lowa renegade gtx for a lighter hike boot. I would recommend either company as they stand behind their products.

You may also see if Kenetrek would be willing to help out with the replacement? Can't hurt to contact the manufacturer!

Good luck in your search!

You can find deals when you know how the boots fit with your correct size.
I was going to get Kenetrek's last year, as I love the Grizzly Pacs I got from them.
But went back to Lowas and got some Tibets @ half price.I have had several pairs of Lowas over the years and like quality mtn. boots.
I had been using Meindels for 15 yrs.

I have also used Meindels for years, but am now weaaring out my second pair of Kenetreks. They are expensive, but in my opinion they are worth it. Nothing is as important on a mountain hunting trip as good boots!

You can resole Kenetrek for around 150.00 I've had it done and it's basically a new boot. Plus you don't have to break them in?

There are a number of good boots out there that should last as long as the Kenetrek boots.
However, Kenetreks are a great option!
Some of my favorites are, and in no order:

Lowa
Zamberlan
Miendel (sp)
Kenetrek
and perhaps Crispi, depending on the boot.

I was on a sheep hunt where someone's sole came clear off. It was a tough to getting out.

Get good boots!

As the old saying goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it". What is a great boot for one, can be terrible for another. Whatever you do, don't order boots online, that you haven't tried on your feet beforehand. I like the way Lowa's feel, but this past Summer I tried on a different and new hiking shoe called Oboz. Best damn hikers I have ever had in my life, because they are made very well for the money and it fits my foot so.....o well.

Hey OldBear!

Which Oboz Boots did you Buy?

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Ktrek CS was good to me on a pair that I basically wore out and were well outside of the one year warranty period, but one boot developed a small leak so I dropped them off at their HQ in Boz. and after looking them over they sold me a new pair for 225.00. They were the mtn extreme 400, a dam good boot. My hunting buddy went through a few brands and kept getting wet, and finally settled with some Zamberlains. He likes them a lot, and knows a good boot from a crappy one. You might look at those.

I like going to REI to try on boots. They have lots of different brands to try on. I've used most that are mentioned in this thread and they are all quality boots

Ive been using Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for about 10 years. Love them and wear them everywhere. They've recently come out with a boot called the Lineman Extremes with hard toe and are electrically safe.(I'm an electrician) I've got a pair on order. I dont know if other boots are better because when I found Kenetreks I found something that worked really well for me and stuck with it. As stated above, what works for one person might be terrible for the next person. But I love them. fatrooster.

There are several great boots out there (see bowhunt's list) but the advice I can give you is a summary of what others have already said.

"If the shoe fits...."

That's the KEY and no amount of money will keep me from what works for me. I'd rather leave the spotting scope home than have poor fitting boots.

Zeke

>You can find deals when you
>know how the boots fit
>with your correct size.
>I was going to get Kenetrek's
>last year, as I love
>the Grizzly Pacs I got
>from them.
>But went back to Lowas and
>got some Tibets @ half
>price.I have had several pairs
>of Lowas over the years
>and like quality mtn. boots.
>
>I had been using Meindels for
>15 yrs.
+1 I have the Tibet gtx hi hunting boot and they worked out great hunting on the Florida Ibex hunt,best boot for the money!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom