ketchikan ?

L

lvoakey

used to live there in mid 70,s would like to know how the fishing is. i go to b.c. every year to fish. my wife lived there for 18 yrs. things cost $$$ big time! she has never been to big A. would like to take her ther. used to log in 12 mile arm. thorn bay loved prince of whales island. is the focshol bar still open? lvoakey

Is that the bar with the largest King Salmon behind the bar in a display? Suppose to have been caught in a net and weighs over 100 pounds.

Brian

that may have happend after 76 that was the last time i was there. the bar is by the dock across from the sourdough bar. lvoakey

I currently manage a fishing lodge outside of Ketchikan. I've spent 5 seasons up there, and the fishing is pretty darn good. Last year was a bit of an off year for everybody........many think it was due to the drought a few years back which caused bad spawns. However, it would definitely be worth your time to head up there. The King runs have been awesome the last few years, there are always lots of pinks, but I would always recommend September for some wild silver action. We get some giant halibut as well. The Charters still hammer the fish out towards Cape Chacon. If you're looking for a lodge to stay at, which includes self-guided fishing, check out our website. You can also charter from the lodge. We also have two other lodges that entail more charter fishing. Check em out and see what you think. The website is http://www.silverkingalaska.com

P.S. I don't know about your bar........don't drink.....sorry.

sound good but a little spendie for me. i can do it cheaper in port alberney b.c. on vancover island. lvoakey

The Focsle is long gone .... it was a sad day.

Most of these charter boats around here now get $1000 a day for the boat. That don't include lodging. And sometimes don't include cleaning and usually never includes vacuum sealing.

i guess all good things come to pass! lots of histry ther. seen j.waine in ther looking for a guide salmom fishing . at that price i will stick to the rivers. may take the farrie up to ktkn. stay a few days enjoy fish. then go to prince rupert. rent a car if you can??? fish our way to vancover $$$ well spent. and see family in vancover. lvoakey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom