Kid friendly area?

bpnclark

I'll be hunting in ID next year. My father and daughter were planning on hunting in WY, but I'm thinking about having them apply in ID instead. My daughter is 13, and the area I'll be hunting will be too difficult to take her to. Can anyone please point me to a draw area that would be a great place for a child to hunt? I'm not looking for any type of trophy area, just looking for a place with easy walking and a good number of mule deer. We?re planning on taking the first legal buck we see. Thanks -

23 OTC. Is great for archery but gets a little hecktic come rifle from what I hear. I know this isn't addressing you question but 23 archery OTC is a great place for beginners and hunters of all ages and kinds.

Some areas youth can shoot doe's OTC. Id start there. As for bucks for an easy youth hunt.. i know alot of adults that have difficulty anymore filling a OTC buck tag.
When you find an easy area to hunt, let me know would ya..

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at that hunt and the 47-3 either sex tag. Has anyone hunted the 47 tag with their child?

Hunted 47 this year. Big Country!! Not too many deer and bucks young. Will not see a lot of deer. I am from Wy. and would highly reccomend taking kids there over Id.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom