Kifaru Packs

outdoorfan

Has anyone used the Kifaru hunting packs? I have used both badlands and Eberlestock but am a little disappointed in the new shoulder straps on the J107. I was packing out a deer a couple weeks ago and the straps were almost folding in half making it uncomfortable. Any info or recommendations would be great.

I have the longhunter and love it. I can use it as a day pack by cinching it down, then uncinch and pack a quarter out with ease when I get my game. I also like that it is an internal frame pack. Nothing catches on the outside and it is relatively quiet. I think the pack itself is a tad heavy, but well worth it.

Take care,
Garion

It will be money well spent and US made! The suspension feels like it was made for you! Which model are you considering? I have owned or still have Spike Camp, Late Season, Siwash and the Long Hunter mentioned above. I am selling a G1 Spike Camp in the classifieds which would give you a start for less $$.

I have a longhunter and do 5-7 day DIY backpack trips. Had the pack 5 yrs. Three elk later, I'm a big fan of the pack. I don't have any of the other packs you mentioned. I did my homework and intended to buy quality. I am very pleased with my Kifaru gear. Good luck with your decision.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom