Kifaru Tipi/Para Tipi

NORKALNIMROD

Does anyone have any experience with these products. I am interested in purchasing their product but the price is prohibitive, not having used them. If they are as good as they advertise I wouldn't mind spending the cash. Any comments would be appreciated.

NorKal

My old man has the larger six or eight man tipi with the stove and its great. We use it on our Llama pack trips where wieght is an important deal. Last year we packed in about six miles, started snowing hard on the way in and by the time we started setting up camp my hands were shakin as I was trying to put the stove together.......20 minutes later we were in our tee shirts and long johns drinkin a beer and dryin off. Whole deal wieghs less than 20lbs(I think) I would imagine the smaller tents are of the same quality....

we use the 6 man Kifaru on our sheep hunts with a stove. Whole set weighs like 6lbs. Works great it will support about 3 guys with gear and room to move.Easy set up.

Have'nt had a problem.....Indians used the tee-pee out on the plains did'nt they?????? Just kiddin, I think I've probably been in about 35 to 45mph's in ours and it did fine. Only thing that came to mind though is if your doin a backpack hunt you'll probally have to think about a way to drive the stakes....I just use a rock but my backpack tent is a North Face DYAD 22 and does'nt require nearly as many as the tipi. Might wana check into that......

I was begining to wonder if anyone else had heard of these. I use horses and a mule and a light-weight set up like this would basically free up one animal. I am glad to read the positive comments and based on them will probably save up for the six man set up. Good hunting and thanks for the info!
Norkalnimrod

i have an 8 man with large stove...my huntin buddies and i use it for backpack and backcountry drop camps..looks pretty good coming down off the mountain at sunset...heats up quick..plenty of room for 3...pricey but woth it as it provides you with shelter and warmth so you can persist in hunting horns and meat...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom