KImber 8400 270 WSM

Christian

Anyone own one of these or have first hand knowledge?
I've been researching and seems like the 270 WSM is everything for deer that my 7mm Rem is, but I can get a lighter gun.
The Kimber looks too good to be true: 6lb 3oz (1/2 pound lighter than my WBY in 7mm Rem mag) but I've heard the Kimber's accuracy is hit and miss (no pun intended.) One gun will shoot great, the next won't.

Is it true that the WSM family has potential feeding problems in bolt action due to the 35 degree shoulder?

Your thoughts?

(I posted this in other sections, too).

The Christian

The 270 WSM is a great round, for deer every bit as good as a 7 mag. the Kimber is a good gun, the ones I've been around shot very well, and it isn't like any out of the box gun is a sure fire tack driver so you're rolling the dice any way you look at it.

If I was in the market for a new factory rifle it would be a Kimber I'd buy.

There are some issues around with short mags and feeding and or sticking issues in the chamber. But, I think most manufacturers will make it right on a new gun.

I had a chamber issue and Savage polished the chamber and switched out the extractor (part of the extractor) at no charge, so that was fine after that.

I have read of some issues, but a manufacturer such as Kimber would most likely make it right for you on a new gun.

I have a barrel in 270 wsm for my savage and eventually will change over to it from the 300 wsm. You know, just because I can.

Thanks y'all!

I posted this same subject in mule deer, hunting gear, and reviews. If you're interested, check out the hunting gear and mule deer as there was some debate.
Thanks again!

The Christian

I'm also strongly considering the Kimber in the Montana version.

They sound like a great gun though.

With the .270 WSM is the action shorter?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom