Kimber 8400 WSW SST/SYN opinions please.

A

ART338WM

I would like some help in the form of FACT based information on what owners of Kimber model 8400s (if possable in 300wsm) have to say. I reload all my own ammo so developing an accurate load is one of my all time favorite pass times.

"Gun Tests Magazine" gave the 8400 a steller review including "best in class award" and a "A" rating so I am not worried about the rifles quality or value for the $$$.

I would just like to here what owners of them think truethfully and unbiased as possable.

Thanks,
Arthur.

I just got back from my annual mule deer hunt. I use a Kimber 8400 Montana in 270 WSM. I love it. It is acurrate, light, and a pleasure to shoot. I ended up with a "meat" buck on the last day.
I also have a Kimber 84 Classic in 300 WSM. I like it alot also. I interchange the two guns depending on my mood for the morning. You can't go wrong with either.
Good luck

I have an 8400 in 300 WSM in French walnut. It does not like to have the first of the 3 cartidges fed slowly out of the magazine. Kimber has redone the feed ramp angle on later guns to improve the feeding. Many reports abound of so-so accuracy of the Kimbers, and many reports have good accuracy. A recrown and possible bedding job helps many that suffer.

The trigger is easily adjustable to a light let-off.

For a light rifle, it handles the recoil well from a 300 mag, but you still know when it barks.

I like the handling/fee;/ergonomics of mine. It is not klunky feeling at all. I do not like the feel of the new long action 8400 however.

RR

I have the Montana in 300 WSM. It does not like 150s but shoots the 165s and 180s extremely well - like 1/2" groups at 100 yds.

Two sheep, two elk (one at 514 yds), a caribou, and a deer are down so far because of it.

You won't regret it.

BCPronghorn

I have found "Gun Test" magazine to be one of the most honest publications concerning firearms and related equitment. If it gave it a good rating, you can bet it was a honest description based on the gun being bought off the gun dealer's rack as you buy them.

RELH

I have a Kimber Montana 308 and it very accurate. I have not had any problems what so ever if I was not a Winchester nut and waiting for them to come out I would have another one by now. One thing is that some people have problems shooting light rifles and they are a little more sensitive at the range and I think they get bad knocks because of that. It took me some time learning to shoot it now I can get clover leafs at 100 yards no problem. I have a friend that took 2 elk and a buck this year with his 325 and he can't say enough good stuff about it.

I think the stock depends on what you like the wood is nice but I wanted the Kelvar stock for bad weather.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom