Kind of a poll

hunterjmj

Have you ever seen from a distance a shed or what u hoped was a shed? You get all excited, but then you tell yourself, don't get to excited it might not be an antler or the amtler you think it is?
Last week I saw an "antler" that I thought may be from the same buck that I have a set from. I got all excited but then I never looked in that direction until I was close enough to confirm it. Sure as chit its what I imagined. It's hard to beat that excitment.

Jeremiah

I've gotten very excited about some very "antler looking" sticks. Congrats on the find - let's have a look at it.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Here is the guy! The top pick is the set I found this spring. I started on restoring these and the white antler is I'm guessing a year older than the set I have. With a few more trips hopefully I can find the other side..
08shed2.jpg

match2.jpg

match1.jpg

there is a ton of character in that buck. Nice find. I think we have all experienced the pain of running down a stick but its sure worth it when it is the real thing.

During the rifle deer hunt, my dad's friend and I were watching my dad and some other friends stocking some deer, my dad's friend was watching the deer and I was looking for other deer while I seen something that I'm pretty sure that it is a shed off a buck that my friend has a shed off of a couple years ago. I still haven't gone down there to see if it really is a shed or not.

I've chased my fair of sticks like everyone else... Nothing pisses you off more out horn hunting than getting hyped up about a find to discover it's just another stick, especially after you've stopped to glass it before you get to it and still can't tell ahead of time

I've found I do exactly that. When I glass what I think is a shed then as I work my way toward it, I try NOT to look at it until I get there. I think it is a way to preserve the anticipation as long as possible until I confirm that it is really sage brush or pine dressed up as an antler... :)

BigAndTiney

It's definitely hard to beat that excitement. Like bigandtiney said, "preserving the anticipation", is spot on.

It's like taboo or a sin to keep glancing at the shed as you approach it. Okay, I gotta go out now...

I agree... The worst is when your looking in mahogany's and the dead fall from the tree can easily be mistaken for an antler, depending on the year, its a similar color and shape.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom