Kinda Fired Up

So a question was brought up on another site about how looking at the drawing odds there should be leftover tags for an area but the list says sold out. i looked into it and this is what i came up with:

They divide the tags into 80% Resident and 20% non resident and they do the resident drawings first and whatever is leftover they throw into the non-resident random pool that way they sell the tags at a higher price. dont have any facts to back this theory up just what i put together looking at numbers. Take antelope area 32 doe tags the resident quota was 320 tags and 34 people applied first choice that leaves 286 tags..... where did they go? non resident quota said 362 tags but there is only a total quota of 400 tags for the unit split 400 into the 80/20 split it should be 80 available tags but 80+286= 366 pretty damn close to 362 if you take into account the 2nd choice residents then it looks like 4 tags were given out making 362 tags to non res. hope you all can follow everything i was trying to say haha got a little messy.

Shouldnt the 286 Tags that were left after resident draws have gone into the leftover list making them available to everyone residents included instead of being rolled over and sold to NRs?

Fired up enough to complain...but not fired up enough to apply in the initial draw?

Dumb move...and your fault.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-13 AT 11:28AM (MST)[p]I have never looked at all the numbers until seeing your post on the other website and I thought what you stated was the way it worked. However, after looking at those stats and some stats in other units, it's obvious that the G&F is moving tags into the NR draws that aren't sold to residents in their draw. That really makes sense to do that as that way a lot more NRs get satisfied that have put in at a higher fee rate for a particular unit, rather than hoping that they are sold as a leftover. In other words, doing that is guaranteed money in the bank, instead of hoping that they sell as leftovers. The only problem I see with it, if you can call it a problem, is that it is one more thing the NR has to take into account when putting in for the draw.

Buzz i got mine i applied in the draw.

Topgun, i understand their logic it makes perfect sense to me that they would want to guarantee the sale of the tags especially at a higher price, but clearly there is enough demand for them so they would sell in the leftover list. As i tried to explain to Buzz on another site lets say i want a unit 68 buck tag but dont draw it. i cant put a type 6 as a second choice so i would want to grab one as a leftover after not drawing my buck tag so i can shoot an antelope in a decent area close to home to fill the freezer but i cant because they were sold to NR in the draw. its either that or get both through the draws and have an extra tag i dont intend to fill any longer. if they just put the tags in the leftover list the same non residents that got them in the draw would have a shot at buying them along with unlucky NR and Residents from the draw. It provides more backup opportunities for everyone.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-13 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-13 AT 08:43?PM (MST)

How about make a decision in the initial draw? Or how about quit the crying and just pick from the leftover list?

Your thought process is jacked...and you're a whiner.

Much bigger issues to be addressed than you failing to apply or wanting an additional leftover antelope doe tag.

Good fuggin' grief...

I am new to the wyoming process and by no means a expert, but couldn't you have applied for your doe tags and not checked the box that links it to your buck tag? Still I have talked to a few non-residents that didn't draw areas that are traditionally 100%.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom