KNIGHT DISC EXTREME .50 Cal

never_catch

Long Time Member
Anyone have one of these??
3332knight.jpg

I recently bought one and sighted it in no problem out to 300 yards with open sights. I didn't really know what load to go with but ended up going with 100 grains of pellets and .348 grain powerbelts. Curious as to what others shoot and are happy with?? Anyone with some advice or feedback on the gun and loads?? Thanks in advance...

~Z~

I have an older Master hunter model.
I converted it to shoot bare primer and am testing Blackhorn 209 powder. I have been shooting 300 grn Hornady .45 XTP Mag bullets in smooth black sabots and anywhere from 90 to 110 grns volume measured BH 209 powder. This combo can be shot more than a dozen times without any barrel swabbing, that why I wanted to try Blackhorn. Still need to do some more testing with Hornady FPB's.

I have also shot pyrodex pellets and loose powder with powerbelts and some cheap sabots in it with #11 percussion caps. That shoots pretty good to but it is a lot more fouling in the barrel and the breach area. The negative is I spend as much time swabbing the barrel with this combo as I do loading and shooting.

I love mine.

Thanks for the replies guys!! I'll definitely mess around with loads this winter and figure it out...so far I couldn't be happier with how well it shoots though!!

~Z~

I bought that gun in June. Great Accuracy!! I love the versatility. Knight sells a western conversion kit & the gun can convert to WA/ID/OR regs or any other state.

Used it on my ID speed goat hunt in August & will use it in WA next month. Currently setup to shoot 90 grains loose T7 w/ lead conical (No Excuses) bullet. Next year will try Knights Bloodline bullet. Barrell is tight so some bullets are tough to load.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom