Knight Disc Extreme Conversion Kit

CWeeks

Looking for some advise on benefits of changing my original disc over to the disc extreme for what is hopefully an upcoming Utah muzz elk hunt this year. I'm fairly new to the site and have really enjoyed reading over the threads and educating myself on muzz hunting/shooting. Thanks for any help and advise on this and good loads for this hunt. Leaning towards 100gr of 777 and one of the new Barnes bullets and just got in a peep sight from Truglo but have yet to hit the range to try out yet.

Knight discountinued making the old orange DISC, so eventually we will all be forced to switch. I keep thinking about switching, but my gun shoots great the way it is and don't want to mess it up. The extreme looks like it provide a better seal and would more reliable in bad weather.

Thanks, I hadn't heard they weren't available anymore. I suppose it would be a good time for me to convert since I'm working up a knew load and all. There goes another 100 cabela's points.

Cweeks,
Is your gun a 50 or 45 caliber. If it is 45 look at prbullets.com and order some 260 grain deadcenters. I have shot 6 deer and 3 elk with them they are awesome.

I've got the 50cal and was looking at the barnes bullets as I've had great success with their centerfire bullets. Any thoughts as to how this carries over to the muzz bullets?

Don't know where you hunt but in NM we can use sabots.
Killed an elk last year with a knight disc elite 50 shooting barnes expanders in 250 grain. 2 lung shots at just over 200 yards, both complete pass throughs. Was very pleased.
They also group well at the range.
Check out this site:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/barnes_expander_bullets.htm

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

I've got a decent shot at a Utah muzz tag this year, but also put in for NM muzz on my 2nd and 3rd choices. I wasn't sure if the 250 was heavy enough for elk, but sounds like it was. What type/grain powder where you pushing those expanders with? I've been using pyrodex, but looking at going to the triple 7, 2 50gr pellets.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 04:21PM (MST)[p]I'm using 100 grs of pyrodex. I failed to say that it was a 6 point bull, so in my experience 250 was enough at least with the expanders.
Did you look at that article?

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Excellent read, Pretty much sold me on the expanders. I may stay with the 300 since I'm looking at open sights in Utah and not likely to shoot much over 100yds because of this anyway. I got my bull at 10yds last year in Co with a bow, so 100yds don't sound too bad, of course now that I've said this I'll have a 380 bull standing 200yds out in the open and wishing a scope was legal. Thanks, Clark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom