Knight Disc Extreme or TC ProHunter FX

parecido

LAST EDITED ON May-08-12 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]Hey guys....new to muzzle loading and I've narrowed down my choices to either the disc extreme or the pro hunter FX. Any opinions on which is better?

Seems to me like the knight will be easier to load the primers in the field because of the full plastic jackets as opposed to loading bare primers in the TC. Is that true? I can get a better deal on the TC but is a couple hundred bucks worth it? I'd like to hear your opinions

Thanks!

Knight is back up and running.

I have the T/C pro hunter endeavor. There is no way anything could be easier to clean.

I have not done much past 100 yds, but it will do 0.5-0.75 c-c inches all day long.

I do have a Knight Long Hunter NIB that I am going to try shortly. The best one at 250 yards gets to got elk hunting this year.

I own both (won the Knight) and it is not even close - go with the TC. The plastic discs suck because you have to have them, just one one thing to forget to bring. The TC is more accurate in my opinion also. Knight is pretty much a dead company too. They went from owning the muzzle loader market to being the bottom dweller.

Plastic Industries bought Knight back in 2010 and started selling muzzies in 2011.

Thanks for the input guys

Iowan - i was thinking that the plastic disks would make it easier to prime out in the field? rather than fumbling with the bare primers

The "discs" were the downfall of Knight. That is why you do not need them on a Knight anymore. Never had any trouble priming either one.

I owned a disc knight rifle for a couple months. I think I returned it because I could not get it to shoot straight, but, I do remember that I was unimpressed with the whole disc thing.

Parecido, this most likely is not the same rifle you are buying. It may be much better now. This was maybe 5 years ago.

I have 2 omegas now that I am mildly satisfied with. If something a lot better comes out I may upgrade.

LAST EDITED ON May-08-12 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]I'd skip the Knight...never was all too impressed by their offerings, nevermind the 'disc' gimmick

I have owned 3 Thompson/Centers: an old Thunderhawk, a stainless/laminate Omega, and most recently a fully clad Triumph

Still have the Thunderhawk with aperture sight, and recently converted it to 209 ignition. Sold the Omega, as it was heavy and rather cumbersome. Put the old Omega's Zeiss topper on the new Triumph and could not be happier with the rig.

But, like I've always said, even the 'latest and greatest' muzzleloader out there is still just a pretty crappy rifle :)

Anyway, Good Luck and Have Fun!

Thanks for all the input guys! I can get a pro hunter for around 400 bucks so i think I'm going to go with that one

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom