knight disc muzzleloader, need sight

sjhgraysage

Very Active Member
I just picked up a slightly used but in fine shape Knight Master Hunter Disc Extreme .50 cal muzzleloader.
Only one issue so far. It is missing part of the rear sight, the base is there but the adjustable portion was removed and did not come with the gun. I believe that these are Williams brand sights. Where I plan to use the gun I won't be able to hunt with a scope so I need to have the open sights.
Does any one out there have one of these rear sights off of a Knight muzzy, collecting dust that they would like to sell?
Thanks!

Delanis
Ive been hunting since I was 9 and I'm approaching 54 now.
I have been trying muzzleloader off and on for 8 years or so.
What type of hunting are you refering to?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-12 AT 06:54PM (MST)[p]SJH - If you're needing open sights, you might want to look into peep sights as opposed to the factory open sights. There's been a lot posted here on that topic and many people including myself have experienced much better accuracy with that type of sight. If you didn't find the sight you were looking for, I'm sure I probably have one since I took mine off and replaced it with a TruGlo ghost ring peep quite a while ago. Good luck which ever way you choose.

COLOelkman,
Thanks a bunch!
I did locate a rear sight and it is in place on the rifle and ready to test. I have used a Williams WRG or WGR? peep on the TC muzzleloader I had and liked it. For now I'm sticking with the factory open, and because it has scope base mounts already I think I will try a spare scope I have laying around just for accuracy testing. Peep style rear sight will be an option though.

Good idea on the scope as an accuracy test for the gun. With open sights, it's probably more of a test of your eyes to see how close you can come to the guns accuracy! I did a similar trial last year as I sighted in with a 4x scope, then switched to a 1x scope (for UT) to see how that compared. It helped me to determine what distance I felt comfortable shooting and understand if it was the gun/load or just my ability and eyesight.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom